One Water, One Team
When you work at Great Lakes Water Authority, you help make a difference in the environment and in your local community.
“One water, one team” is more than just a phrase, it’s a way of doing business. Here, you don’t work for GLWA, you work with GLWA. We are racing toward a shared goal to become the region’s most-trusted, high-quality water and wastewater resource.
Do you love building a team? We are looking for a Team Leader for Systems Control Center (SCC) in operations of wastewater collection systems and water distributions. The Team Leader responsibilities extent to the entire Treated Water Transmission System (TWTS) and the Wastewater Collection System (WWCS) with operating and monitoring points.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, employee development, and employee training and discipline
- Project management
- Operating procedures
- Safe work practices
- Lead annual organization budget items as assigned
- Recommend operational efficiencies
- Provide an ongoing safety and injury prevention program
- Supervise all staff within the facility or functional unit
- Assist in disaster preparedness
- Keep records and prepare necessary reports that include logs and computer files
- Perform related roles as assigned
- Coordinate and plan the work assignments (i.e., balance projects, coordinate crews)
- Keep up-to-date with technology and infrastructure
- Train and develop staff
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures
- Prepare performance evaluations of assigned team
- Attend and facilitate meetings, set priorities, track attendance and approve purchases
- Assist in the training of organization staff and maintain a collaborative work environment
Required Education & Experience
- Associate Degree in the related operational or functional fields, such as Engineering, Chemistry, Accounting, or Human Resources from an accredited college or university; or a combination of related work experience and education
- Management and operational experience gained through dynamically more responsible positions in the utility industry
- A minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience
- Professional Accreditation in related operational or functional field
We are all strategic partners on the path to becoming a Utility of the Future, and GLWA prioritizes the selection of highly talented, well-qualified individuals to help us get there.
We are dedicated to expertly delivering the nation’s best water and wastewater services to southeast Michigan. We offer competitive pay and the starting wage or salary, if hired, is variable. Factors such as your proven hard and soft skills, your level of education, history in the sector or industry, and meaningful work experience will all be evaluated.
We also offer an opportunity for advancement, on the job training, ongoing professional development, tuition assistance and a career in a sector that safeguards public health, supports and strengthen communities, and protects the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
- Job Family Team Leader
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- 6425 Huber St, Detroit, MI 48211, USA