One Water. One Team.
The Great Lakes Water Authority is your source for water! We are dedicated to efficiently delivering the nation’s best water and wastewater services to southeast Michigan. When you work at Great Lakes Water Authority, you help make a difference in the environment and in your local community.
“One water, one team” is more than just a phrase, it’s a way of doing business. Here, you don’t work for GLWA, you work with GLWA. And together, we’re racing toward a shared goal to become the region’s most-trusted, high-quality water and wastewater resource.
We are looking for an Engineer to join our Water Resource Recovery Facility's Process Controls Control Center to perform engineering work for municipal projects. These positions will coordinate and handle the design and implementation, and/or delivery and execution of consultant and construction contract services, for all projects required for the improvement and expansion of the Great Lakes Water Authority.
Responsibilities (not all-inclusive)
- You will conduct construction meetings and assist with field and design issues on construction of projects
- You'll coordinate and devise testing related to accurate maintenance and operation of equipment
- Water and wastewater, distribution and collection processes, equipment and systems
- Principles and practices of engineering design and construction management
- Project Management
- Basic Geographic Information Systems
- Ovation and Rockwell Control Systems
- Control System Networking and Administration
- Prepare blue sheet updates.
- Perform team coordination activities within the Process Control Team
- Review and implement consultant work and responses
- Process consultant invoices/contractor payments, and prepare requests to approve hiring a consultant
- Prepare plans, drawings, specifications and detailed computations as well as perform construction administration tasks for municipal engineering projects
- Prepare requests for proposals and evaluate proposals for consultant contracts
- Evaluate bids for construction contracts
- Participate and review all site surveys
- Assist management with engineering reports and other correspondence
- Assist in obtaining consultant approvals and in construction contract advertisement
- Obtain contract number(s) and other required information for consultant and construction contracts
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in civil/sanitary, mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering
- Engineering and construction management experience preferred
- Professional Engineering License or Engineer in Training Certificate from the State of Michigan preferred
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- A valid Michigan Driver’s License and the ability to drive a motor vehicle on all terrain
- Ability to work irregular hours, to commute to GLWA facilities and work sites
- Follow security and safety policies and procedures in carrying out work duties
GLWA offers competitive pay and the starting wage or salary, if hired, is variable. Factors such as your demonstrated hard and soft skills, your level of education, history in the sector or industry, and relevant work experience will all be evaluated.
We also offer an opportunity for advancement, on the job training, ongoing professional development, tuition assistance and a career in a sector that safeguards public health, supports and strengthen communities, and protects the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Job Family Engineer
- Job Function Operations
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 9300 W Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI 48209, USA