Deputy Director of Operations
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
Deputy Director of Operations
Essential Job Functions:
- Looking for an experienced Deputy Director of Operations who is independent, thoughtful, meticulous, highly organized. Ideal candidate must be able to perform effectively in a fast paced environment where multitasking and prioritizing is essential.
Assist Director of Operations in all aspects of department management, strategy, and execution. Responsibilities in this position include but is not limited to: department budget management; general management of Operations department; all aspects of department project management; department staffing, staff performance management; continual improvement planning and actions; troubleshooting/problem solving; execution; customer service planning and interaction; present to department and internal customers.
- Assist Director of Operations in all aspects of department management, strategy, and execution. Responsibilities in this position include but is not limited to: department budget management; general management of Operations department; all aspects of department project management; department staffing, staff performance management; continual improvement planning and actions; troubleshooting/problem solving; execution; customer service planning and interaction; present to department and internal customers.
- Maintain department policies, practices, procedures and work instructions; create and update department processes. Identify, recommend and implement changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and waste.
- Prioritize a culture of safety and ensure ongoing communication of safety related priorities with a focus on elimination of preventable workplace incidents.
- 10+ years management experience in Facilities Maintenance and Engineering.Must have Facilities Construction Project Management experience.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills including the ability to interface with a wide variety of people, including technical laboratory.
- Experience working in Facilities and equipment repair is required.Experience with Shipping/Receiving and/or Machine Shop departments is desirable.
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated self-starter with exceptional attention to detail, follow-through and multi-tasking. Must have good verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and stakeholders at all levels. Consistently works cooperatively with others.
- Inspirational leadership characteristics with a proven ability to coach and enable team development. Proven track record in project management, delivering quality results on-time and on-budget.
- Experience with ISO 9001 or AS9100 desired.
- Experience with similar companies or industries desired. Experience working with unions desired.. Computer skills using Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word required.
- Experience with Sharepoint, Visio and Project desired, but will train.
- Will be required to learn additional custom software packages used by the departments.
- Candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of Facilities best practices and a demonstrated track record of success in managing Facilities Maintenance and Project Management teams.
- Strong leadership capabilities including management of Union personnel.
- Project Management training specifically for Facilities or Facilities Construction desired. Change management training desired.
- Knowledge of AS9100 quality management protocols desired.
Essential Physical/ Mental Requirements:
- Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time and be able to access all locations of the company property.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with people and have a focus on customer service for internal customers.
Minimum of an Engineering degree or BA/BS in industrial, mechanical or business administration, or a 4-year technical degree in related discipline; 10+ years of experience in Facilities and/or Construction, 5+ years of experience in management.
Able to work flexible hours. U.S. citizen or permanent resident status required.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA