Analog / Mixed Signal Design Engineer
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The Infrared Initiative at HRL Laboratories is a highly talented team of scientists and engineers with diverse backgrounds in integrated circuit design, advanced packaging and integration, novel signal processing and algorithm development, and integration / characterization of highly complex digital and mixed signal systems and subsystems for commercial and government applications in an innovative research and development environment.
- The candidate must work as part of a project team in this environment, general duties will include performing in-depth development, simulation, layout, verification, and validation of Read Out Integrated Circuits (ROIC) and their building blocks with various sub-micron technologies.
- The ability to work in a team environment will be a desired characteristic in this position. Technical duties require candidate to present details of work to colleagues during design reviews, create and manage work plans to meet or exceed schedule deadlines, and provide written and oral summaries of work performed as needed (e.g. for reports).
- The successful candidate stewards the necessary infrastructure (people, training, and capital equipment), interacts with a cross-disciplinary team, and ensures the necessary quality steps are in place to provide predictability and performance that meets the demands of our customers.
- We are open a variety of experience with strong background in electrical engineering, experience in integrated circuit design desired. Experience with CMOS design tools such as Cadence, Spectre, SpectreRF, Assura, and Calibre are required.
- Hands on layout and lab validation skills are also desired.
- Basic understanding of digital signal processing and communication theory. Good understanding of programming languages such as C, C++, Python, and MATLAB. Familiarity with theory and operation of wide variety of test equipment.
- Knowledge of fundamental electrical engineering and circuit design principles.
- Use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and proficiency in writing for reporting.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Proficiency in use of computers, engineering work stations, complex electronic equipment, oral and written communication, interaction with vendors/colleagues and willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work well in a team and independently. Must be sufficiently mobile to work within confined spaces and have both visual and hearing acuity.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, or related scientific discipline
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (e.g. driver’s license special tools or restrictions):
U.S. citizenship is required. Ability to obtain/maintain security clearances (post-start) is a plus.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA