Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
Senior Software Engineer – Compilers and Device Drivers
For more than 70 years, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art. We are looking for a senior software engineer to help us develop the future of quantum information technologies. Scientists and engineers at HRL use our quantum software development kit everyday to better operate, understand, and advance our devices.
As a senior software engineer on the compilers and device drivers team you will be responsible for developing software that interfaces directly with the specialized hardware that manipulate our quantum devices.
- Build compilers and scheduling algorithms for running complex programs across distributed and synchronized hardware.
- Build algorithms for high throughput and low latency data pipelines.
- Create device drivers for custom hardware and instrumentation.
- 5+ years relevant software engineering experience.
- Proficiency in C++. Some experience with Python also desired.
- Experience with compiler optimizations and code generation.
- Familiarity with digital electronics, FPGAs, and/or laboratory instrumentation.
- Experience with software engineering practices such as version control and continuous integration.
- Experience with Windows, Linux, cmake, service architecture, and messaging.
- Solid understanding of core computer science fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, and computer architectures.
- Emphasis on problem solving, compilers, algorithms, and drivers.
- U.S. citizenship; active security clearance or ability to obtain one.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA