Software Asset License Manager
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
The Software Asset Licensing Manager is responsible for the management of HRL software licenses, focusing on proactive Software licensing compliance, audits, and optimizing costs savings. This position contributes in driving renewals and procurement of licenses and associated maintenance, working closely with HRL Procurement & Contract management team and internal HRL customers.
• Manage HRL’s software licenses in order to ensure compliance with the Terms and Conditions of Publisher licensing agreements and regulatory requirements in order to mitigate exposure to financial and legal risks associated to the Publisher compliance Policy
• Track HRL’s software license deployments across all HRL systems
• Engaging and guiding business to confirm license requirements and needs
• Identify potential cost savings opportunities relating to software and support costs
• Implement processes to ensure proactive audit readiness
• Managing Publisher audits
• Facilitate the sourcing process with procurement team, assisting in the administering the process for the renewal of maintenance and support for Software Licenses
• Build a strong working relationship with relevant departments/teams to ensure software acquisitions, inventory tracking, and utilization are understood by those departments and acted upon appropriately
• Detailed knowledge of one or more software publisher license models (e.g., Microsoft, Oracle, including Server based licensing and either physical, virtual, and cloud instances)
• Knowledge of asset management tools desirable
• Highly knowledgeable and experienced in Software Asset Management and Publishers Audit
• Strong in communication, project management and business process analysis
• Ability to translate licensing terms in Publishers contracts/Licensing Agreements for both data collection and technical requirements to meet business demands
• Proven ability to assess a company’s effective licensing position in order to help identify cost savings opportunities relating to software use and maintenance contracts
• Displays advanced knowledge of SAM tools, IT asset discovery technologies, and data analysis techniques
• Customer focused, with ability to anticipate customer needs
• Strong prioritization skills
Minimum 5 years relevant experience
Bachelor degree in Information Systems, or related experience.
This position requires the selected candidate to be a U.S. citizen. The ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA