Signal Integrity Engineer
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
Signal Integrity Engineer
Our team designs leading edge validation and prototype systems. Designs include high-speed digital and high frequency mixed signal systems and test chips to explore future generation technology. Come and join HRL’s dynamic, exciting, and innovative team where you can grow your knowledge and skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Work on design and analysis of signal integrity (SI) and electromagnetic (EM) effects in highly complex high frequency (>1 GHz), high dynamic range (>80 dB) mixed signal systems in an innovative research and development environment.
· Perform analytical studies of electronic systems and both active and passive components thereof (integrated circuits, chip-level packaging, interposers, printed circuit boards, connectors, power delivery components, etc.) to support design tradeoffs.
· Design and analysis activities include electromagnetic modeling, driver/receiver circuit design and related analysis (e.g. SSN, ISI, crosstalk, EMC/EMI), power delivery network design and analysis, packaging parasitic estimation.
· Develop test and simulation methods as necessary to support the above activities. Create new design strategies where possible to support functional requirements while meeting SI and EM goals. Work closely with other domain experts performing related functional analyses (e.g. packaging design and analysis, circuit design, thermal/mechanical analysis, etc.).
· Present details of work to colleagues during design reviews.
· Provide written and oral summaries of work performed as needed(e.g. for reports).
· Experience with a wide range of CAD / simulation tools to support design and analysis (e.g. HFSS, CST Studio, Sonnet, ADS, HSPICE, SI-Wave, Sigrity).
· Experience with high frequency measurement techniques (VNA, TDR) for characterizing various interconnect features such as insertion loss, return loss, impedance, and crosstalk.
· Experience with high speed oscilloscopes (both real-time and sampling) and other time domain instruments (e.g. BERT) for analog and digital signal characterization.
· Familiarity with packaging technology (e.g. ceramic and laminate chip-level packages, printed circuit boards, interposers, etc.) is a plus.
· Deep understanding of electromagnetic theory, transmission line theory, network analysis, and high speed measurement, calibration, and de-embedding techniques.
· Familiarity with circuit-level operation and related theory of common electrical signaling methods (e.g. CML, LVDS, HSTL, SST). Knowledge of fundamental electrical engineering and circuit design principles.
· Use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and proficiency in writing for reporting.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Proficiency in use of computers, engineering work stations,complex electronic equipment, oral and written communication, interaction with vendors/colleagues and willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
· Ability to work well in a team and independently.
· Must be sufficiently mobile to work within confined spaces and have both visual and hearing acuity.
BA, MS or Ph.D. in
Electrical Engineering, Physics, or related scientific discipline
(e.g. driver’s license special tools or restrictions): U.S. citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Active SSBI is a plus.
"Signal Integrity", "power integrity", SI, PI, Analysis, EM,
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA