Systems Administrator - TS/SCI
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Install, configure, and maintain Microsoft Active Directory domains and forests, including bare metal and virtual Windows server management.
• Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
• Monitor and tune the system to achieve optimum performance levels and ensure workstation and server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
• Ensure data and media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations, including supporting media management with internal methods and procedures or with offsite storage and retrieval services.
• Develop and promote standard operating procedures and conduct routine hardware and software audits of servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Develop and maintain responsibility of a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database or library of all supporting documentation.
• If required, assist in IT security incident response and documentation.
• Maintains Windows Systems comprised of servers and workstations. Administer installation of software, hardware, file system management, backups, process control, user administration, and device management.
• Responsible for resolving a wide variety of complex system failures, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network problems.
• Provide operations and maintenance functions such as hard drive removal, print server configuration, performance optimization, and research and installation of current patches, and where applicable, install and support printers and storage peripherals.
• Manage group shares and home directories.
• Participate in internal / external security audits/inspections.
3-5 years of directly related experience in systems administration and cyber security.
• Exchange 2013/2016 server management
• Windows server 2012/2016/2019 troubleshooting and management
• Experience working within a Windows environment
• Experience upgrading, installing, patching, and hardening systems
• Strong understanding of servers and experience with VMWare is strongly preferred
• Ability to work independently
• Manage and configure Windows server environments
• Automate tasks to improve efficiency
• Position will require on call support and occasional night and weekend work
• Proficient knowledge of cyber security technology and trends
• Contributes to the achievement of business objectives
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Works under limited direction
• Windows server & workstation administration
• Network monitoring & alerting (Solarwinds, Nagios)
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential. Must be able to multitask in a dynamic environment; develop solutions to various complex problems and plan, schedule and prioritize tasks.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (e.g. driver’s license, special tools or restrictions): Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, and in some cases with little to no advance notice. This position requires that the applicant selected be a U.S. citizen. An active TS/SCI clearance with is required. This job will also require up to 10% travel.
As part of your role/function on the program; you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties; you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring; and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero-tolerance policy for security violations.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA