CAD Support Engineer
Located in Malibu, California, HRL has been on the leading edge of technology, conducting pioneering research and advancing the state of the art.
CAD Support Engineer - II
BS or MS., Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Related Discipline
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Interface with users of complex CAD tools (including integrated circuit design, circuit board design, and E&M simulation) to assist them with tool environment setup, PDK setup, customizing CAD flows, automation of tasks (e.g. through scripting), Physical Design Verification methodology, and debugging LVS/DRC issues at all levels of hierarchy. Support and improve integrated circuit design flows for digital and mixed signal circuits including verification. This role requires a basic understanding of circuits and mixed signal design flows as well as proficiency in scripting, back end digital flows, CAD tools, and foundry PDK formats. In-depth knowledge in CAD/EDA tools to support team of engineers on their daily CAD issues. Install and maintain and troubleshoot PDK environments for semiconductor foundries. .
At least 2 years as a CAD tool support engineer with demonstrable experience in:
• Familiar with a broad range of circuit design, PCB design, and E&M modeling CAD tools, simulation and debug tools, design databases, file formats, back end flows
• CMOS and bipolar transistor design flows, including deep submicron CMOS designs.
• Verification techniques for mixed signal VLSI ASIC designs.
• Experience supporting semiconductor design engineers in CAD/EDA issue and maintain tools, licenses, storage and compute servers.
• Experience installing and managing EDA license servers and simulation tools (Cadence, Synopsys, Calibre and other EDA/CAD related tools)
• Familiarity with LVS, DRC, ERC, Density/Antenna,
• Full custom circuit, block, and chip layout using Cadence Virtuoso tools, Layout L/XL, and physical verification tools Assura and Calibre
• Experience with custom device generation (eg. transistors, diodes, resistors, capacitors, MEM structures)
• Proficiency in perl/tcl/python or other scripting and C/C++ is a plus.
• Familiarity with semiconductor IC technologies (e.g., SiGe BiCMOS, CMOS) and PCB (laminate) technologies.
• Basic understanding of electrical engineering principles and associated design practices.
• Experience with Linux workstation environment
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Proficiency in use of computers, engineering work stations, complex electronic equipment, oral and written communication, interaction with vendors/colleagues and willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Ability to work well in a team and independently.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS (e.g. driver’s license, special tools or restrictions): U.S. citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. Active SSBI is a plus.
HRL offers a very competitive compensation and benefits package. Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401K match, gym facilities, PTO, growth potential, and an exciting and challenging work environment.
HRL Laboratories is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training or promoting, on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, medical condition, U.S. military or protected veteran status, union membership, or political affiliation. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- Pay Type Salary
- Malibu, CA, USA