Maintenance & IT Specialist, Facilities, CABBR
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Maintenance and IT Specialist for our Cleveland Amory Black Beauty Ranch (CABBR) in Murchison, TX. Your main responsibility will be to provide overall proper maintenance to vehicles, tractors, heavy equipment, and all internal roads, as well as completing repairs and upgrades to equipment, buildings, and site infrastructure. Also, to maintain and install information technology equipment at CABBR, while assisting in network maintenance and repairs of technology equipment through internal requests.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the construction, upkeep and repairs of all enclosures, habitats, buildings, equipment, and site infrastructure;
- Performing maintenance and repairs of equipment to include, but not limited to security systems, electrical wiring, fencing, vehicles, and enclosures;
- Working with the Information Technology department as needed on CABBR information technology and telephone equipment including, upgrading, and maintaining hardware, software, and other IT services;
- Installing and configuring hardware, software, and site infrastructure systems, as needed;
- Managing assigned tasks, maintaining logs to document all in-progress and completed maintenance, and organizing supplies and inventory;
- Assisting the medical and animal care staff in safe/humane handling of animals during treatments and other animal husbandry tasks, as needed;
- Performing other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in facility maintenance required;
- One to two years of electrical experience preferred;
- Experience with Windows 10, Windows AD Users and Computers preferred;
- Experience with LAN/WAN technology including routers, T1 configuration and TCPIP protocols preferred;
- Experience with cabling and switch operations and maintenance preferred;
- Must be able to work in an unsupervised environment;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Must be able to comply with all policies and regulations that apply to assigned tasks;
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, including skid steer, backhoe, and tractors;
- Working knowledge of DC power systems;
- A valid driver’s license is required and a clean driving record is strongly preferred, with the ability to demonstrate and maintain a safe driving record while employed;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues preferred.
When applying, please submit your cover letter and resume together as one document.
This position is located in Murchison, TX.
- Murchison, TX, USA