Middle Office Operations Associate
The Middle Office Operations Associate will primarily act as liaison between the Equity and Fixed Income Institutional Trading Desks performing numerous tasks and duties. This will include but not be limited to ensuring overall trade processing, handling trade problems and corrections, and overseeing regulatory reporting of fixed income trading. The Associate will also support the Private Client Group (PCG) with handling any Retail Trading issues and corrections as needed and interacting with the Compliance and other Operations departments as required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Work with the Equity and Fixed Income Trading Desks to resolve outstanding trade problems (fails, discrepancies, trade corrections, etc.).
- Work with broker-dealers, custodians and institutional customers as needed or when asked by the Trading Desk to resolve outstanding trade related issues.
- Monitor regulatory reporting issues, track required details and backup across multiple fixed income products and coordinate with Trading Compliance as required.
- Assist with allocating all institutional equity trading as required.
- Assist with the research and opening of new equity institutional trading relationships and escalate to the AML/Risk Department as needed.
- Assist with TBA Settlement process on a monthly basis.
- Identify potential process deficiencies and risk situations and escalate to management as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet critical deadlines.
- Motivated self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility in their work.
- A strong team player who is cooperative and works well under pressure.
- Strives for accuracy and attention to detail in all work.
- Proven skill in managing multiple tasks and in establishing priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to new changes and new challenges.
- Technically proficient in Thomson One, Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with Bloomberg and Flex Trading a plus.
2-3 years of financial services operations experience (middle office and/or back office operations);trading desk experience a plus
Working knowledge of applicable financial products, e.g. Equities, Fixed Income
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Series 7 preferred or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America