The Mishkon Division provides supports and services in a healthy and safe environment for individuals with intellectual/ developmental disabilities living in residential programs and in community settings. Our core values are to provide a healthy and safe environment that promotes person centered planning, community integration, and close collaboration with families and the community. This is all accomplished through an Orthodox Jewish lens, and with an understanding that staff, at all levels of the division, is the determining factor in achieving positive outcomes for our clients.
POSITION OVERVIEW: The Residence Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the Intermediate Care Facility (ICF) or Individualized Residential Alternative (IRA) serving adults with developmental disabilities. Reporting to the Assistant Director of Residential Services, the Residence Manager oversees the day-to-day operations of the program in line with the OPWDD regulations and Assistant Director’s instructions and ensures consistent and appropriate program coverage.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (List the functions that are essential to achieve the goals):
- Provides on-going training supervision and direction to the direct support, clerical, support and maintenance staff. Responsible for ensuring appropriate supervisory feedback to staff including regular performance evaluations.
- Ensures appropriate program coverage by staff, including the scheduling of necessary overtime and utilization of per-diem staff. Key player in the recruitment process for new staff (direct support, clerical, support and maintenance), participates in interviews and provides feedback to all necessary parties regarding candidate selection.
- Provides on-site supervision and oversight of staff, including a minimum of one early morning and one late evening site observation per week.
- Responsible for the programming and scheduling of daily activities, excursions and trips for individuals as well as ensuring that Sabbath programming and religious practices and customs are observed.
- Will maintain regular communication with parents, families or guardians of the individuals.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with all state and federally mandated requirements pertaining to the program (OMRDD, OSHA, COA, Medicaid, etc.)
- Oversees the program’s day-to-day work flow procedures, including tasks such as billing, recruitment, PAF processing, petty cash, personal allowance, etc.
- Will be on-call to ensure appropriate coverage in the facility and to provide guidance in emergency. May be required to be on-call in order to provide emergency coverage in the event of a serious staff shortage.
- Responsible for overseeing all physical plant issues.
- Other duties assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED (List all that is required to achieve this position): Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or Related field Preferred, Associates Degree in Human Services Required.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE (List what the desire to reach goals): A minimum of three (3) years working with the I/DD Population as well as one (1) year of supervisory experience. Familiarity with Orthodox Jewish practices preferred.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Direct Care [200s]
- Job Function Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8854 - Health Care - Professional Svcs - Traveling
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 1072 56th St, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA