The Sabbath Counselor works over the Sabbath period (Friday afternoon through Saturday night) and on Jewish Holidays. The Sabbath Counselor is responsible for providing a spiritual environment and culturally sensitive services for the individuals in the division.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Conducts religious services with the individual(s) in the synagogue environment.
- Ensure that clients attending services wear appropriate religious attire.
- Says the appropriate blessings (with the individual(s), required for consumption of specific food items
- Sings Sabbath and Holiday appropriate songs with the individual(s).
- May go on walks over the Sabbath or holiday where appropriate.
- Conducts a Sabbath party/ceremony on Saturday or holiday afternoon with refreshments and singing.
- Oversees the food service delivery on Friday evening and Saturday morning/afternoon as well as holidays to ensure proper kosher standards are kept at all times.
- Required to dress in appropriate Sabbath and Jewish Holiday attire.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
Must be at least 18 years old, no educational requirements, must have knowledge of Orthodox Jewish laws, traditions and practices.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
Experience working with individuals with Intellectual Disabilities preferred.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Direct Care [200s]
- Job Function Paraprofessionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8854 - Health Care - Professional Svcs - Traveling
- Required Education High School
- 1358 56th St, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA