Residential Direct Support Professional
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to
over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from
infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to
countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a
difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and
paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
ABOUT THE JOB
The Direct Support Professional works with vulnerable adults in a residential treatment setting and is responsible for ensuring that those portions of the treatment plan which deal with day-to-day and independent living skills are implemented. Acting as a positive role model and providing therapeutic parenting, the Direct Support Professional is charged with the fundamental responsibility of the client’s health and safety.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- A High School diploma or GED equivalent is required
- A current, valid clean Driver’s license is required for this position and throughout all DSP positions
- Prior experience in a residential setting, with a similar population
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Direct Care [200s]
- Job Function Paraprofessionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- 3735 White Plains Rd, The Bronx, NY 10467, USA