Quality Assurance Manager
Position: Quality Assurance Manager
Department: Quality Assurance/Quality Control
Reporting Structure: Reports: Vice President Quality Assurance
Reporting to this position: Quality Control Supervisors, Document Control Specialist and Quality Control Line Inspectors
Create and maintain document control system for all quality assurance related functions.
Act as back up for the Vice President, Quality Assurance
- Foster compliance and continuous quality improvement to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Manages direct reports.
- Manage system of internal compliance audits. Perform follow-up and support to appropriate teams ensure adequate corrective actions are documented, implemented and measured for effectiveness.
- Create/update SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures). Perform training on procedures.
- Create/maintain documentation control system.
- Supports QA review of Production Batch Records.
- Manages the QA release of Production finished goods for shipment.
- Conduct GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) training.
- Participate in and support all customer and FDA audits.
- Manage CAPA (Corrective and Preventive Action) system for internal audits, customer audits or reported quality incidents.
- Tracks and trends audit findings, investigations, assesses compliance risk and escalates to site management appropriately.
- Manage customer electronic portal quality specification information uploads and downloads.
- Review and ship required first production or PDS customer samples.
- Participate in the training of other employees performing quality related functions.
- ·Perform other related duties as assigned.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Thorough practical experience in quality related field including statistics, communication, motivation, and assessment.
- Science Math Aptitude/Strong Analytical skills.
- Computer proficiency.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Must communicate effectively- verbal and written skills in English.
- Time Management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Commitment to company values
- Has basic working knowledge and understanding of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance with relation to assigned direct reports and matters of importance to the operations of the company
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to or in excess of one hour); walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle and feel objects, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Specific vision requirements for the use of computer monitors include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to focus. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/ or manually move up to 25 pounds.
EDUCATION / TRAINING
- BS/BE Degree – Technical (sciences or engineering) or equivalent non-management experience, 5 years or more, in the cosmetic/personal care industry.
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Chemaid, 100 Mayhill Street, Saddle Brook, New Jersey, United States of America