Application Development Supervisor
This position is responsible for assisting the Chief Information Officer in the development and execution of a comprehensive application development strategy for the organization. The Software Development Supervisor will lead a highly talented team of multi-disciplinary resources that are responsible for technical application and process analysis, application architecture and development for Kern Health Systems (KHS). The Software Development Supervisor must be capable of drawing sound conclusions; interpret and follow detailed and precise written and oral instructions; prepare clear, complete and concise reports for review; supervise, evaluate, and train assigned staff; and have the ability to work well and effectively communicate with people of various professional, vocational and educational backgrounds.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide strong technical background, project management skills, and related abilities to facilitate and execute multidiscipline projects and teams in accomplishing corporate goals and objectives.
- Build, manage, and energize a team of software developers and technical analysts with a proven focus on delivering business results with excellent customer service.
- Implementation of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Multi-Tiered Application Development in C# ASP.NET, Entity Framework, within Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
- Apply industry accepted design techniques with experience in database development in Microsoft SQL Server.
- Lead a technical team with the Agile methodology and provide the management responsibilities for all aspects of application development.
Planning, coordinating and monitoring the progress of technology projects to ensure their ongoing alignment with business goal through collaboration with stakeholders.
- Recommends strategy, or roadmap, for application development within KHS, and ensures that custom software applications are functioning and effective (capturing, processing, storing, and protecting data).
- Provide process improvement expertise to the business through evaluation and understanding requirements while developing solutions or design proposals.
- In coordination with business leaders look for process improvement opportunities through automation while assisting the business areas to mature in automating processes.
- Review technical designs, provide code review, and understand and interpret technical solutions provided by the Development team.
Leads process improvement analysis, improvement activities, application process development, and final implementation.
Provides recommendations for technical designs and specifications in support of the current adjudication system. (QNXT).
Create and respond to service level agreements (SLA) for the Application Development team related issues through an incident tracking system.
Establish, maintain and promote a consistent methodology for application development, and provide validation of process flows, compliance, reconciliation, and audits.
Monitor the application marketplace for new trends, technologies, potential benefits, and participate in selection of tools, commercial software purchases, and upgrades.
- Participate in research, requirements definition, planning, design and execution of Application Development projects while understanding budget and schedules.
Collaborate with the Application Development team to perform duties, aid business and technical development, while mentoring subordinates to enhance their career goals.
- Oversee all KHS developed applications and ensure that appropriate documentation is created or maintained.
Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree Preferred) from an accredited school or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, AND eight (8) years progressive experience in a software development technical capacity role for a medium to large size organization. Preferably in healthcare
Twelve (12) years working experience in a business role with a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience acting primarily in a software development technical capacity role for a medium to large size organization. Preferably in healthcare
Possession of valid driver’s license and proof of State required auto liability insurance. Required Travel Up to 5%
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 5
- Telecommute % 0
- Required Education Equivalent Experience
- Kern Family Health Care, 2900 Buck Owens Blvd., Bakersfield, California, United States of America