Assistant Team Lead - 2nd shift
Since 1941, we’ve positioned KI as the furniture company that best understands the furniture industry and is committed to providing customers with the smart solutions. By targeting specific markets with solutions for business furniture, university furniture, educational furniture, healthcare furniture and government furniture, we can quickly respond to our customers’ unique needs – including the choice to procure furniture according to what fits their ordering and fulfillment process. That’s why we say we offer far more than furniture. We’re Furnishing Knowledge.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous manufacturing experience
- Prior leadership experience is helpful
- an understanding and ability to use the BPCS system
- Computer knowledge with email, Microsoft word & excel
- Support Lean Process Manager with conveying of goals, huddle information & helping with decisions related to job rotation
- Set up job for the department, monitor daily production
- Sort and locate parts to complete orders as well as coordinating the packing/skidding of parts
- Support training of technicians
- Assist Lean Process Manager to ensure all technicians are supplied with what is needed to continue completing orders, schedules are maintained, downtime issues are documented, and production display boards are maintained.
- Participate in continuous improvement activities and provide suggestions for improvement
Qualified candidates should have a positive attitude, willingness to learn, be motivated to attend work regularly, have an interest in personal development/growth, and be able to work well with others in a team setting.
KI offers a competitive benefits package including Education Reimbursement, Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Critical Illness, and Accident Insurance. In addition, KI offers 401K, a great work atmosphere and a focus on health and wellness. KI is truly an employer of choice in the area for these reasons.
Apply today to express your interest and learn more about KI
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Monday, July 13, 2020
- Manitowoc, WI - Manufacturing, 1400 S 41st St, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America