Help lead the evaluation, design and implementation of relevant IT solutions in support of overall business strategy as well as specific project objectives. Partner with project leaders and subject matter experts to design and deliver relevant IT solutions based on the strategic direction set by IT leadership. Responsible for analyzing and translating organization, information and technical requirements into an architectural blueprint that outlines solutions to contribute to overall organizational technology strategy and achieve project goals. Coordinates in the areas of enterprise architecture, database, security, telecom, network, application design and infrastructure to produce an optimal, high level, conceptual design for projects to improve Information Technology (IT) operations. Possesses a broad range of IT knowledge across many disciplines.
- Develop a strong understanding of existing business solutions across business application verticals and across IT to leverage services, patterns, approaches, data stores and knowledge in the consideration of new solutions.
- Analyzes current technology infrastructure and its ability to support strategic objectives; recommends new systems or product upgrades
- Participates in developing and executing overall vision for technology solutions
- Participate in the construction of solutions as needed on priority projects.
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems
- Serves as a broad technology SME to help connect the various areas of technology across multiple disciplines
- Develops enterprise level solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms
- Assist teams in problem resolution as needed on production issues and priority projects.
- Dissect solutions into actionable activities; provide guidance to developers and engineers regarding workstream integrations to successfully reach an effective and efficient end state
- Develops and implements changes in process, policy and standards as they relate to the architecture and design principles
- Assists in the design and improvement of organizational processes
- Develops visual documentation for the development of systems
- Collaborates on projects/issues of high complexity that require in-depth knowledge across multiple technical areas
- Possess teamwork and leadership skills; skilled communicator and team player.
- Knowledge and experience in multiple of the following disciplines:
- Application design and development
- Integration and middleware
- API and web services design and management
- Public cloud data centers (Azure/AWS)
- Implementation of third-party SaaS solutions
- Data design
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as system documentation and operating instructions. Ability to write clear, concise documentation, procedures, reports, and correspondence.
- Ability to clearly communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Understanding of basic concepts such as weighted averages, fractions, percentages and ratios. Ability to apply these concepts to practical situations.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical situations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), required; Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) from four year college or university in Computer Science, preferred; and five years progressive experience in development; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Landstar is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Landstar will provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Landstar uses application information only for employment related purposes, including background investigations and regulatory compliance. Landstar will not disclose the information to any other person or entity, unless compelled by force of law. Landstar stores your application information on computers operated by Ceridian. This on-line application software is provided by Ceridian under an agreement which specifies that Ceridian will not disclose or make any use of application information stored on its secure servers.
- Pay Type Salary
- Landstar System, Inc., 13410 Sutton Park Dr S, Jacksonville, Florida, United States of America