Case Manager - Domestic Violence Shelter
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Are you passionate about helping others and changing lives? We want you on our team!
A New Leaf's Faith House located in Glendale, Arizona, is a domestic violence / homeless shelter with 72-beds and 24-hour Emergency Shelter for women and children in crisis.
Faith House provides: a crisis hotline, safe housing/meals, case management, domestic violence/life skills/parenting education, community resources and referrals, employment assistance/Workforce Access Point Site, financial literacy education/budget counseling and assistance with securing permanent housing.
Schedule: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, 11am-9pm or Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 11am-9pm
Pay Rate: $14.00/hour
Major areas of responsibility:
- Provide case management services to domestic violence clients; establish/maintain client files.
- Being directly responsible to Program Manager for issues regarding admission and discharge, while being in conformance with the agency’s program definition and policies as relevant to program/client needs.
- Co-developing 24/7 Safety/Crisis Plans with every family. This plan may be simple or complex, depending on the risk factors presented by the client, as relevant to the program and/or client needs.
- Coordinating client evaluations. Screening, assessing and developing service plans
- Developing/Monitoring the implementation of Strength-based Family plans and progress of family towards goals.
- Assisting families in obtaining community services and benefits, securing appointments with outside services and agencies as needed, including identification of funding sources and linkages to other agencies/services.
- Providing referrals and/or coordinating transportation for families to community services as needed (as relevant to program/client needs).
- Facilitating and coordinating discharge planning transition and follow up according to plan.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associates or Bachelor's Degree, preferred.
- Must have Domestic violence experience, knowledge of community resources and experience working with children; group facilitation experience preferred,
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Current auto liability insurance and a a clean 39-month motor vehicle record.
- Must possess a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of standard office equipment, be proficient with personal computers and applicable software programs.
- Must have the ability to communicate appropriately in both verbal and written.
- Due to state licensing requirements, applicants must be a minimum 21 years of age.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Required Education High School
- Glendale, AZ, USA