Housing Case Manager
A New Leaf’s Rapid Re-Housing Program (RRH) provides permanent housing solutions in order to stabilize and serve individuals and families who are currently homeless or living in emergency shelters.
RRH serves homeless families with minor-aged children, young adults, single women, and single men. Program efforts are meant to provide assistance to households that will become self-sufficient. With temporary case management, support services and referrals for services, participants will be able to address their challenges and maintain long-term housing stability.
A New Leaf is seeking a full time Housing Case Manager that is committed to teamwork and will encourage and promote a strength based environment.
Schedule: FT, Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm, with the need for flexibility
Hourly Pay: $17.00
Location: Mesa, AZ
Major areas of responsibility:
Housing Case Manager:
- Provide individualized participant support by helping each participant implement a Housing Stability Plan that addresses their barriers, increases their income and maintains and sustains permanent housing.
- Conducts SPDAT assessments, needs assessments, weekly and monthly home visits, check ins with landlords and/or property managers.
- Use of personal vehicle to conduct home visits with the program participants.
- Identify each area in which participants will need assistance to accomplish the outlined goals and assist when possible.
- Provide advocacy, case management, benefit establishment including connecting participants with Identification, Social Security Cards and other needed documents. Assist in obtaining food and furnishings.
- Identify and coordinate with our housing partners, including HOM Inc., the documents required of participants, assist with 90-day certification of participants and help monitor the draw-down of rent and utility assistance.
- Provide services to participants in the areas of independent living skills, employment/job assistance, benefits acquisition and other services as needed. Assist with the move in and exit of program participants if/as needed.
- Achieve knowledge of the contracts and grants and maintain participant related data tracking systems, including case notes and complete HMIS entries.
- Generate participant data reports and case-related reports including outcomes, successes and challenges.
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation of service objectives, outcomes, as well as other services.
- Prepare case related reports including outcomes, successes and challenges. Generate participant data reports.
- Work with housing partners, and as needed, provide outreach to community, business owners and other service providers to identify new and existing opportunities and build strong relationships to better assist participants in accessing resources, employment, supportive services and housing opportunities.
- Network with other agencies, coalitions and local community stakeholders.
- Skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communication skills both verbally and in writing and maintain effective working relationships.
- High School Diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Experience working with various homeless populations, including families, individuals, young adults and/or homeless veterans
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation, a clean 39-month motor vehicle record and current auto liability insurance.
- A Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Due to licensing requirements, new hires must be a minimum 21 years of age.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Travel % 100
- Required Education High School
- Mesa, AZ, USA