Diversity and Inclusion Manager
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
As this is a newly created position, the Manager of Diversity & Inclusion will be responsible for the design and implementation of diversity & inclusion initiatives, education, and partnerships that support A New Leaf’s values and objectives.This position will have a strong understanding of the relevance of racial/ethnic identity, social justice theories, and show an ability to work effectively with individuals and groups from a variety of races, identities, cultures, backgrounds and ideologies in a compassionate, culturally competent manner.
The Manager of Diversity & Inclusion will be responsible for the design and delivery of exceptional and innovative intercultural competence training & development to promote awareness and understanding of racial injustice, bias-related incidents, inclusion, diversity, equity and equality for all levels within the organization. Will work closely with leaders from across the organization; soliciting and utilizing input from others to build a reasonable, realistic, meaningful, motivational, and sustainable approach to diversity & inclusion for the agency.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of agency D&I strategy and programs, in alignment with A New Leaf’s overall mission. Set and monitor D&I metrics to ensure steady organizational progress against goals.
- Be an internal resource for executives, managers and team members and counsel on complex racial, social injustice and diversity issues; helping find solutions that benefit the organization, clients and community.
- Establish and implement strategies to facilitate conversations to address racial and ethnic injustice, economic inequality and the complexities of identity to create and maintain an environment that is sensitive to the various needs of a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusion and understanding throughout the agency.
- Will provide leadership direction, strategic support and oversight of the design and implementation of programs, policies and processes that promote a culture of inclusion and reflect shared accountability for diversity and inclusion across the organization.
- Oversee D&I champions throughout the agency and provide leadership and guidance to D&I committees; helping them to prioritize and communicate actionable recommendations to management and communicate these items effectively with all staff.
- Develop and implement culturally sensitive D&I related training with content and delivery mechanisms appropriate to different types and levels of employees.
- Ensure there are regular updates and communications, including a dedicated web page to support D&I related communications and training.
- Lead D&I-related education, communication and events to ensure that all staff understand D&I concepts and the value they bring to the organization.
- Monitor and report on D&I trends and network with peers in similar organizations to gain insight into issues and best practices.
- Ensure all discrimination complaints are handled in compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies/procedures to include prompt and equitable responses to reports of discrimination, harassment and related misconduct.
- Work with the Director of HR and HR Business Partners to help mitigate and address issues related to D&I.
- Act as a front-line resource to any employee in need of support with any racial related issues/challenges through advising and mentoring in a safe and supportive one-on one setting and/or making referrals to other departments as needed.
- Collaborate with HR to promote diverse and inclusive recruitment, selection, onboarding, retention and professional development strategies for staff across the organization. Work closely with the human resources team to develop strategies to attract underrepresented candidates.
- Collaborate with HR leaders to conduct routine audits of performance evaluations, compensation and promotions ensuring fairness and equity.
Qualifications, Experience & Skill Set
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, communications, multicultural education, cross-cultural studies, counseling, or other related field
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in diversity, equity and inclusion related roles and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated success as a problem solver, facilitator, consensus builder and project manager
- Knowledge of best-practices and theories relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience in strategic planning development, execution and progress monitoring.
- Strong oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills with the ability to create and deliver effective training
- Ability to handle complex issues with discretion, serving as a mediator and guide to successful conflict resolution across all levels of the organization
- Analytical skills with the ability to use data to create, develop and execute people strategies
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Mesa, AZ, USA