Foster Care-Licensing Specialist
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
Foster Care Programs - Healing Opportunity Parenting Enrichment (HOPE) & Home Care Training (HCTC)
A New Leaf’s Foster Care Programs focus on recruiting and training adults interested in becoming licensed foster parents for high-needs children with special emotional or behavioral needs. This program seeks to provide children and adolescents the opportunity to live in a nurturing and stable environment with a “family-like structure” and to prevent at risk children and adolescents from going to higher levels of care.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Responsible for licensing and supervising a case load while completing accurate case documentation and agency paperwork in a timely, correct, and thorough manner.
- Responsible for administrative and clinical issues regarding licensing providers in accordance with licensing standards, admission, discharge and utilization management issues, while being in conformance with accepted clinical practice and the agency’s program definition and policies (as relevant to program/client needs).
- Bringing Child and Family Teams together and serving as a facilitator and/or team member; acting as an extension of the licensing providing agency/family; and ensuring that the Service Plan is carried out.
- Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with consumers, their family members and significant support systems. Meeting frequently with consumers and family members in their natural setting; providing face to face and telephone crisis interventions (while under appropriate clinical oversight)
- Receive clinical oversight as required by state law and A NEW LEAF policy and procedures.
- Screening, assessing and developing treatment/service plans and ensuring that a plan for discharge and estimated date of discharge is included.
- Coordinating consumer evaluation, re-assessment and treatment planning updates, and diagnostic processes according to agency policy and all accreditation and regulatory agency requirements.
- Coordinating comprehensive support through in-home and community based education and interventions to address the families’ goals, including education about management of the behavioral health issue(s).
- Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health. Adoptive Services require a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work/Human Services.
- Certified Foster Parent College trainer preferred
- Two (2) years recent behavioral health experience or related field required.
- Knowledge of community resources needed.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation, a clean 39-month motor vehicle record and current auto liability insurance.
- Either possess a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Due to state licensing, employees must be a minimum 21 years of age.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- The skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse ethnic and cultural groups, coupled with maintaining professionalism at all times.
- Be committed to teamwork and have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Detailed oriented and have proficiency with personal computers and applicable software programs.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Mesa, AZ, USA