Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and under-served families, children, and adults.
Our Philanthropy Department is looking to Volunteer Coordinator
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for growing the individual volunteer program to support client-focused programs at A New Leaf through recruitment, training, supervision, evaluation, and recognition. This person works in close partnership with A New Leaf’s Leadership team, Philanthropy team, Human Resources team, and colleagues across the organization to attract, train, place and retain individual volunteers. This position requires someone with experience in volunteer management and the ability to work with multiple programs at A New Leaf.
- Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities to further integrate volunteers throughout the organization
- Recruit, interview, and place applicants for volunteer positions
- Provide ongoing support, training, guidance, and recognition for volunteers
- Create and distribute various communications and publications
- Identify and maintain community outreach and collaboration opportunities
- Maintain volunteer data base, related documents, records and provide timely reports.
- In partnership with organization volunteer chair, cultivate relationships with program staff and volunteer leads to create meaningful volunteer opportunities in support of A New Leaf’s mission.
- Oversee Service Enterprise Initiative (SEI) project by monitoring action plan, working with guiding coalition to help identify priorities, and maintain history and records to support future re certification.
- Follow volunteer management trends, continue professional development for self, and provide up to date information to other key staff.
- Contributes to the orientation of new employees of all disciplines.
- Orients, trains, coaches, motivates, measures, and evaluates volunteers in accordance with organizational policies, procedures, and programs. Orients volunteers to increase their understanding of the organization, its clients, its services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers.
- Acts as liaison between the agency and the community, including but not limited to, speaking to community and corporate groups to present on the agency history, needs and volunteer opportunities
- Acts as a liaison between volunteers and the organization to ensure that staff are prepared for arrival of volunteer, and that all necessary tools, resources, and materials are readily available and that all staff understand details and expectations.
- An Associate Degree in Business Management, Human Resources, or a related field
- CVA preferred
- Experience managing and supervising volunteers
- Familiar with Service Enterprise Initiative
- Highly organized self-starter with the ability to multitask
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- A self-identified, enthusiastic “people person”
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated ability to engage with diverse communities
- Experience using social media platforms
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge or other CRM
- Transportation and ability to travel between locations throughout the valley
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Mesa, AZ, USA