Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
La Mesita Apartments offer long-term housing solutions to low-income households in need. Over 55% of La Mesita Apartments residents are children. La Mesita Apartments and Support Services (LMSS) offers comprehensive onsite support services, as well as various amenities, that address the unique needs of our residents, helping households increase their stability and financial security.
The objectives of LMSS are; maintain stable, independent housing with access to basic needs, assist residents with securing employment or increasing income, increase household’s awareness of community services available, provide stability and opportunity to the children in the La Mesita community.
We're currently seeking a Personal Development Coach to join our team!
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday - Friday 8AM-5PM; some weekends as needed, flexibility required.
Pay Rate: $15.00 / hour
Major areas of responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Support housing stability through case management activity to residents/ clients & establish and maintain files.
- Provide ongoing, active outreach and creative engagement to residents.
- Work with the property management company to assist with move ins and exits as needed. Strive to ensure compliance with all contracts, follow best practices and meet resident’s needs.
- Perform intakes & required assessments for potential residents (as relevant to program/resident needs and funders). Assist with obtaining basic needs such as food, clothing, hygiene and transportation.
- Developing/Monitoring the implementation of strength-based case plans and progress towards goals.
- Assist residents in obtaining community services and benefits and securing appointments for outside services as needed, including identification of funding sources and linkages to other agencies/services.
- Provide Financial coaching, budgeting assistance, and educational information to residents as needed.
- Facilitating and coordinating exit planning, transition and follow up according to resident’s needs.
- Completing accurate case documentation and agency paperwork in a timely, correct, and thorough manner.
- Coordinating services with residents and other service providers.
- Maintaining resident demographic information and reporting this information to Administrative Assistant/Manager.
- Work with residents and property management to coordinate eviction prevention efforts and develop housing permanency/ stability plans.
- Assist residents with conflict resolution among residents and guests. Provide crisis intervention as needed.
- High school diploma or GED required; Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred.
- Two (2) years recent experience working with homeless or economically disadvantaged population required.
- Knowledge of community resources and supports, required.
- Possess a valid driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- A clean 39-month motor vehicle record and current auto liability insurance.
- Must possess a Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass various background checks in order to obtain one.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess knowledge and understanding of standard office equipment, be proficient with personal computers and applicable software programs.
- Effectively communicate (verbal and written).
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!