Early Childhood Assistant Teacher
Phoenix Day provides children and families a foundation for lifelong learning and healthy living. Phoenix Day is a Four-Star Quality First rated school through First Things First and is nationally accredited (NAC). The socio-economic makeup of families in this dynamic dual language school is all inclusive. Phoenix Day is located minutes away from downtown Phoenix and is the ideal location for families looking for high quality childcare in an early childhood education setting with experienced and qualified teachers and staff.
If you have a passion for working with children, and want to expand your early childhood education career, then this opportunity is for you!
Our Teacher Assistants provide children and families a foundation for lifelong learning and healthy living. We're committed to using innovative and progressive strategies to meet the educational and health needs of the community.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, to those that qualify, including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Health/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Nine (9) Paid Holidays
A New Leaf's Phoenix Day Early Education program is currently seeking three (3) Full -Time Teacher Assistants to join our amazing team!
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Pay Rate: $12.00+, depending on Education plus experience
- Full Time (40 hrs/week): Monday - Friday; 9:30am - 6:00pm
- Full Time (30 hrs/week): Monday - Friday, 12:00pm - 6:00pm
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Educate, supervise and care of children
- Assist in planning and preparing the environment and activities for children
- Assist with classroom education, assessments and lesson planning
- Work directly with and educating children in an instruction setting
- Prepare daily reports, health checks and documentation as required by the program
- Establish and maintain a rapport with parents
- Welcome and work with visitors and volunteers
- Ensure the safety of children at all times
- Clean up, diapering, potty training of children – if age appropriate
- Serve meals and drinks to children.
- Teach children healthy and personal habits
- Adhere to all policies and procedures set forth by Phoenix Day
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous experience working with young children required.
- Proven ability to assume a leadership role, perform job responsibilities, and develop teamwork.
- Demonstrate and provide strong communications skills both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work with families, young children and infants.
- A Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card or be able to pass background checks in order to obtain one.
- Trained in AZ Early Learning Standards and Infant-Toddler Developmental Guidelines preferred.
- Desire for ongoing training and development.
- Experience working in a licensed childcare center is highly preferred.
- Minimum of a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential or in process of actively obtaining one preferred.
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.50
- Travel Required No
- Required Education High School
- Phoenix, AZ, USA