Bilingual School-Based Case Manager I
Since 1971, A New Leaf has faithfully worked in service to our mission of “Helping Families…Changing Lives,” making a positive impact in the lives of more than 24,000 people each year in the Phoenix Metropolitan area. Services focus on HEALTH, HOUSING, AND COMMUNITY SERVICES, offering a continuum of support to move households from crisis to long-term health and stability.
A New Leaf continues to grow to respond to needs in our community by developing comprehensive, relevant and effective services for vulnerable and underserved families, children, and adults.
A New Leaf's East Valley Community Behavioral Health Service (EVCBHS) in Mesa provides confidential services for children and their families. Counseling, case management, medication management and support services are provided.
A New Leaf is seeking a full time Spanish/English Bilingual Case Manager
to join their team at East Valley Community Behavioral Health.
Pay Rate: $16.50/hr + up to $1.60/hr in Bilingual incentive
Schedule: Monday - Friday: 8am - 5pm, 9am-6pm or 10am-7pm
Location: Outpatient Counseling Center, Mesa, AZ 85203 - Partnering with Mesa Public School District. Position may be located at a Mesa school.
Major areas of responsibility (including but not limited to):
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with clients, their family members and significant support systems. Meet frequently with clients and family members in their natural setting. Provide face to face and telephone crisis interventions (while under appropriate clinical supervision).
- Screen, assess, develop and implement treatment/service plans under the direction of the Team and Co-develop 24/7 Safety/Crisis Plans with every assigned client, ensuring that treatment/service planning will include a plan for discharge and estimated date.
- Collaborate with Child and Family Team (CFT), arrange for appropriate evaluations, medication monitoring and referrals and community based services and assist in identifying and resolving barriers to the implementation of their service plan.
- Assist clients and families in obtaining community services, securing appointments with outside services and agencies as needed, including identification of funding sources and linkages to other agencies/services.
- Coordinate transportation for clients and family members as deemed medically necessary and in accordance to agency policy.
- Complete accurate case documentation and agency paperwork in a timely, correct and through manner and maintaining client demographic information and reporting this information to program coordinator/manager.
Education Requirements: To qualify for this position, you must meet one of the following educational requirements:
- Associates Degree in Non-Behavioral Health field plus three (3) years behavioral health experience
- Associates Degree in Behavioral Health field plus two (2) years behavioral health experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Non-Behavioral Health field plus two (2) years behavioral health experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Behavioral Health field plus one (1) year behavioral health experience
Experience and other Qualifications:
- Bilingual - Spanish Verbal Skills Required. Must have the ability to communicate effectively in Spanish and the ability to interpret and translate.
- Valid Driver’s License with reliable transportation
- Class One Fingerprint Clearance Card
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Record
- Current Auto Liability Insurance
We appreciate your interest in our organization. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
A New Leaf is an at-will employer. Any offer of employment with A New Leaf is contingent upon a successful consumer report to include verification of employment, education, criminal background search and driving records.
A New Leaf is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participates in the E-Verify program. A New Leaf participates in el program de E-Verify. Equal Opportunity Employer.
BENEFITS PACKAGE: All of our employees enjoy the following benefits: direct deposit, competitive pay, accrued sick time, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), annual team member appreciation event, informal, yet professional team environment.
For full time employees, we also provide the following included in the total compensation plan: Health/Dental/Vision Coverage, Accrued Sick and Vacation Time, Paid Holidays, Life Insurance, AD&D, Short Term Disability, 401(K), Tuition Reimbursement, and a Wellness Program which has received a Silver Level of excellence in worksite wellness by providing employees with Annual Biometrics, Gym Reimbursements, Wellness Initiatives, Workers Compensation improvements, and much more!
- Pay Type Hourly
- Max Hiring Rate $16.50
- Required Education Associate Degree
- Job Start Date Tuesday, September 15, 2020
- Mesa, AZ, USA