Denver Save A Lot Meat Manager
Leevers Supermarkets is a certified partner of DailyPay! DailyPay is a technology solution that allows our employees to control when they get paid!
Reports To: Store Manager
The Meat Manager ensures the store’s meat department operates at the standards set by the company, driving sales and maximizing profitability. The Meat Manager delivers the highest level of customer service and satisfaction by following the company’s meat merchandising plan and trimming /preparing standard cuts of meat. The Meat Manager demonstrates excellent teamwork, interpersonal skills, and commitment to the success of the team.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Responsible for leading the performance of the meat department to achieve and exceed business metric goals. Responsibilities include product ordering, merchandising, productivity and maintaining control of shrink to meet company and business unit goals.
• Sets and executes all work priorities and directs the assignment of individual tasks within the meat department including other Meat Cutters and Clerks. Responsible for enforcing meat policies and procedures within assigned store.
• Responsible for training and supervision of the Meat Cutters.
• Responsible for enforcing policies and procedures within assigned store.
• Using knives and power equipment, cuts and/or packages authorized beef, pork and poultry items according to Leevers policies and procedures.
• Ensures that displays and case signs are updated appropriately, and that meat is merchandised and presented to maximize sales.
• Maintains proper date rotation for dated and undated products per Leevers policy, both in the display case and in the storage cooler.
• Prepares and places meat cuts and products in display counter according to company policy & procedures so they will appear attractive and appealing to the customers.
• Wraps, weighs and prices cuts of meat.
• Labels packages according to COOL, USDA and Leevers standards.
• Receives, inspects, and stores meat upon delivery, to maintain cold chain and ensure meat quality.
• Ensures excellent sanitation and quality standards are met on a daily basis and adhered to per Leevers policy.
• Responsible to follow and execute all Leevers policies and procedures which includes but is not limited to: COOL, Food Safety, Sanitation, Meat Scale operation, Mark Downs, Inventory Processes, Meat POG’s, Meat Cutter Resource Manual, Daily Manager Signoff and Meat Cutting List.
• Responsibilities may include other perishable and non-perishable related duties necessary to maintain optimal store performance.
• Protect company property, funds and merchandise at all times.
• May be assigned to work in more than one store.
• Responsibility for ensuring prompt response to after hours alarm notifications
Relevant Experience, Education, Certification, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Must be 18 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Two years of previous experience cutting meat including using hand tools and power equipment, such as knives, slicers, grinders, cubing machine and power saw.
• Comprehensive product knowledge and ability to train other meat team members. Previous training / supervisory experience a plus.
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to read and communicate in English
• Excellent Customer Service and Leadership Skills
• Must be dependable and flexible
• Must adhere to uniform dress code
Must possess the following leadership competencies:
Thought Leadership: Must be able to understand quickly, figure things out and resolve issues
Results Leadership: Must have a good attitude about working, demonstrate ability to accomplish goals and be able to work using the best methods as shown by the store managers and satisfy customers without fail.
People Leadership: Must respect and work well with manager, co-workers, and customers. Share information and be willing to teach others.
Personal Leadership: Must follow all rules, policies and possess the desire to learn new things every day.
• Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled environment with a standard temperature of 38-45 degrees.
• Requires the ability to reach, bend, balance, lift and transport various objects weighing up to 30 lbs repeatedly throughout the shift; at times, product weight may reach 100 lbs. Requires the ability to move heavy product with assistance.
• Must have the ability to stand, walk and / or move about for extended periods of time.
• Requires the ability to push, pull, grasp and use sawing motions for extended periods of time.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the employees assigned to this job. All employees must comply with Company policy and applicable laws. The responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified may vary within each department and/or location.
Leevers Supermarkets Inc. is an equal opportunity at
will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or
applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color,
disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $45,000.00
- Max Hiring Rate $55,000.00
- Save A Lot Leetsdale, 7150 leetsdale dr , Denver, Colorado, United States of America