LTL General Manager-Texas
Join our team! We’re a bunch of fun, hard-working folks who live to offer excellent service to our customers and support each other. Even with 28 years in the business, we still operate like a start-up... entrepreneurial spirit, open door policy, no bureaucracy, fast decision-making… Come meet us and see how we can advance your career. LSO is the largest regional parcel carrier in the Southwest.
We’re seeking a General Manager to oversee the day-to-day operations on the LTL side of the business.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Manage, develop, coordinate, and optimize carrier relationships
- Grow LTL revenue base to meet business goals
- Work closely with sales to develop pipeline and close new business
- Oversee MC/SP recruiting and retention
- Ensure compliance of all contractors
- Work with and provide input to the sales team on pricing requests
- Oversee load assignments
- Establish procedure for maintaining quality objectives
- Communicate with master contractors, sales, customers, vendors and operations to ensure customer commitments are met
- Resolve customer complaints, operational problems and customer service concerns in a professional and expeditious manner
- Ensure reports are completed on time and maintained appropriately
- Adhere to and enforce all safe work practices, ensuring the warehouse is compliant with OSHA and other appropriate standards
- Own service and quality metrics
- College degree preferred; equivalent work experience may substitute
- Minimum 5 -7 years’ experience overseeing LTL operations
- Analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- Prior P&L ownership preferable
- Demonstrated success in driving performance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Availability to work a flexible schedule as needed
Full benefits package offered - health, dental, vision, LTD, STD and 401K and more!
Please visit www.lso.com for more information about the company. EOE and drug-free employer.
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Permanent
- Dallas, TX, USA