30 - Part Time Dispatcher (Seasonal)
Join our team! We’re a bunch of fun, hard-working folks who live to offer excellent service to our customers and support each other. Even with 28 years in the business, we still operate like a start-up... entrepreneurial spirit, open door policy, no bureaucracy, fast decision-making… Come meet us and see how we can advance your career. LSO is the largest regional parcel carrier in the Southwest.
Join our team! LSO is the largest regional parcel carrier in the US spanning, 8 states in the southwest. We’re known for the attention we give to on time service and an excellent customer experience. Even with 28 years in the business, we still operate like a start-up... entrepreneurial spirit, open door policy, no bureaucracy, fast decision-making… Come meet us and see how we can advance your career in Logistics.
Position responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all new single car Contractors/ Drivers are oriented according to the customer's requirements and expectations.
- Provide package delivery system training and orientation.
- Coordinate and assign daily routes.
- Help oversee the successful and accurate sort of all freight to include safeguarding against packages left behind.
- Ensure Contractors/ Drivers load and deliver packages to meet customer requirements and depart station in a timely manner each morning.
- Work with Customer Service to resolve any package delivery issues.
- Clear routes at end of day and ensure all routes are fully completed while maintaining focus on excellent customer service.
- Set the proper example of conduct, attitude, and professionalism for Contractors/Drivers.
- Provide point of contact between Customer Service and Contractors/Drivers.
- Work with management and Master Contractors to eliminate service failures caused by improper route procedures per customer requirements.
- Work to obtain thorough knowledge of all routes, with the ability to run any given route safely and efficiently as staffing needs require.
- Ensure that each route is effectively balanced to offer safe and efficient delivery.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle and complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Project a professional demeanor with Contractors/ Drivers and station personnel in person and on the telephone. Ability to work in a stressful environment and keep your cool.
- Background in Customer Service, Logistics, or Distribution; experience in an environment where contract Drivers operate is preferred.
- Excellent people and communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Tulsa, OK, USA