Senior Project Manager, Flow Cytometry - US
The Senior Project Manager, Flow Cytometry will be responsible for:
• Establishing and evangelizing product development best practices at Luminex.
• Being key leaders in the organization, with demonstrated expertise in leading through credibility and influence rather than direct authority.
• Directly managing other project managers and direct reports.
• A proven track record of managing the development of complex, cross-functional programs as well as individual product projects.
• Acting as mentors to Project Managers as well as core team members.
• Senior Project Managers retain the same responsibilities as the Project Managers and may also be expected to fill that role including leading and coordinating activities with the project cross-functional core team to ensure the successful development and commercial launch of Luminex system and assay products.
• These activities include creating project plans, producing project level documentation and schedules, and communicating and resolving any project risks or issues throughout the development cycle.
• Providing and facilitating the use of corporate project management tools and systems to fully support the product development process.
• Providing regular updates to the core team and management on project status.
• Other responsibilities may include planning and facilitating design reviews, design transfer activities, disseminating relevant information across departments, creating and maintaining the project design history file (DHF), and ensuring completion of all project activities through Design Transfer ECO Release.
• Supporting the FDA and ISO regulatory compliance of our products by ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of DCOs, ECOs and MCOs as necessary to release products, documentation and related information.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
• Managing Complex Development Programs and Core Teams for Flow Cytometry Hardware, Software and Reagent Projects.
• Continually improving, evolving, and evangelizing the Luminex Development Process
• Interfacing and communicating project status and issues with the Executive Team
• Training and mentoring other Project Managers and Core Team members
• Identifying creative solutions for resolving issues and project hurdles, planning and facilitating core team meetings, tracking project progress through formal and informal channels, ensuring cross-functional linkage and communication, and providing corporate visibility and accountability for project status and progress
• Responsibilities also include; Leadership without direct reporting responsibilities: Developing and adhering to departmental and project budgets; Managing Project Tasks, Budgets, and Deliverables; Independent contributions as needed to ensure the success of the project
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• BS/BA in Engineering, Life Sciences or related technology studies, MS/PhD a plus, 5+ years of direct professional experience in project management/R&D, PMP or equivalent certification desired
Training, Skills and Certifications/Licenses:
• Proven ability to lead and manage projects and people in a fast-paced technology environment.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Capability to lead and influence people of multiple technical and non-technical backgrounds.
• Planning, scheduling, and risk management skills for ensuring projects are completed in a consistent and predictable manner
• Proficiency with MS Project, Excel, and Office
• Familiarity with developing products within an FDA/ISO regulated environment
• Must work onsite at Luminex office
• Travel may be required at least 10% of the time
• Ability to handle pressure of meeting tight deadlines
• Ability to work evenings or weekends on occasion in order to meet deadlines
• Work is normally performed in a typical office environment
• Possible exposure to mechanical, biological, or chemical hazards
• Frequent work in high energy environment in direct contact with others
• Physical Demands: All positions require standing, stooping, bending, climbing, sitting, kneeling, and lifting at least 10 lbs. Additional physical requirements are listed below:
o Pounds lifted (up to 20lbs)
o Vision (Color) on the job is required occasionally
- Job Family US
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator Regular
- Seattle, WA 98119, USA