Group Home Program Counselors Needed! FT, PT, and Per Diem Positions Available!
Start a career in Human Services! PT, FT, and Per Diem Positions Available Now!!
We are looking for dedicated, caring staff to work with wonderful adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a residential group home setting. Assists with Activities of Daily Living including bathing, toileting dressing. Must be comfortable performing personal care duties. Some experience working with behaviors a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assures safety and well being of Marrakech individuals while adhering to agency policies and procedures.
- Assists the individuals being served to coordinate their daily routine including food shopping, meal preparation, recreational activities, bills, budgets, and household chores as needed.
- Purchases groceries as well as supervise and assist in the preparation of food for consumers, following special prescribed diets and food consistency orders. Implement eating procedures as written.
- Assists consumers in daily activities, including daily hygiene functions
- Essential employee – assists in scheduling trained staff to fill in shifts for this position during scheduled time off due to the essential function of this position.
- Assists the consumer in contacting the day program/work if the consumer is home ill.
- Assists consumers in household management tasks including cleaning.
- Implements and documents behavioral programs, teaching strategies, exercise programs and other team recommended programs and procedures.
- Documents communication logs, programs, incident reports, abuse and neglect reports, safety reports, fire drills, time exception reports, mileage logs, Therapp and other required documentation
- Uses the timeclock or teletime system when arriving/leaving shift
- Lifts and Transfers consumers as required. Repositions consumers as stipulated in service plan.
- (If DDS Medication Certified) Administers prescribed oral and topical medications under written direction of Physician. (Must become medication certified within allotted timeframe)
- Follows the Critical Information for the program
- Uses and maintains adaptive equipment (such as Century Tub, wheelchairs, Hoyer lift) according to safety guidelines.
- Implements Physical/Psychological Management Training, CPR and First Aid as required
- Performs housekeeping tasks
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.75
- Required Education High School
- Branford, CT, USA
- Bridgeport, CT, USA
- East Haven, CT, USA
- Middlebury, CT, USA
- Milford, CT, USA
- New Haven, CT, USA
- North Haven, CT 06473, USA
- Prospect, CT 06712, USA
- Terryville, Plymouth, CT, USA
- Trumbull, CT 06611, USA
- West Haven, CT 06516, USA
- Wolcott, CT 06716, USA