239 - Paraprofessional YAS Community (FT)
Full time Position- (YAS) Community Support Services Paraprofessional cc239
Monday – Friday 9am-5pm
Mission: Join our dynamic community support team. Seeking caring, team- oriented professional to provide one to one and group support for young adults with behavioral health challenges and complex trauma histories who reside in their own apartments in the greater New Haven, CT area.
Teach independent living and recovery skills as outlined in the Individual Plan. Facilitate and promote community integration, natural support development and safety. Work as a team with the YAS Community Support Services professionals to provide comprehensive, trauma informed, wrap- around services for all DRS/YAS individuals supported.
· Assists the primary Community Case Managers and Assistant Case Managers in providing wrap around support services to young adults residing in their own apartments in the greater New Haven area,
· Assist with implementing goals for person- centered Individual plans.
· Taking young adults to medical and other appointments
· Fills in for other team members in their absence.
· Provide life skill instruction and other direct care for young adults receiving community supports.
· Facilitates and promotes community integration and natural support development.
· Assists with coordinating and documenting services.
· Follows all schedules, behavior plans and teaching strategies to ensure all individual’s goals and needs are being addressed.
· Provides one-to-one attention on a weekly basis to all individuals on your caseload.
· ARC trauma informed practices within a person-centered, recovery-oriented Individual Plan.
· Keeps all case records, electronic and medical records up to date.
· Submits all required reports within the deadlines.
· Participates in and documents monthly meetings with each individual’s team.
Positive, creative and organized person with great listening and people skills. An Associate’s Degree or other education in related field. A Bachelor’s Degree (with relevant internship experience) welcomed. Demonstrable, relevant experience in a community setting; or working towards a relevant degree, with three years of demonstrable, relevant clinical experience carrying out goals and teaching skills in a mental health setting. Extensive training provided in Trauma informed practices, active listening and other clinical topics. Clinical supervision provided by licensed professionals.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $14.14
- Required Education Associate Degree
- New Haven, CT, USA