198 - Substitute Plant Operations Specialist
The primary duty of the Plant Operations Specialist-Sub (POSS) is to fill in when the Plant Operation Specialist is on vacation or out sick. The POSS must be able to perform extensive and routine repair and preventative maintenance projects for Marrakech residential and commercial properties throughout the State of Connecticut. The work includes electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, glazier, and painting tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
· Independently performs minor and major repairs and routine maintenance for agency property (homes/offices) including vehicles.
· Diagnoses repair work needed and makes independent judgment of how to best handle the repair in the timeliest and most cost efficient manner.
· Assists with the renovation/remodeling of buildings; repairs plaster and drywall; paints building structures.
· Completes masonry work as needed.
· Repairs electrical equipment and replaces faulty electrical switches.
· Install carpeting and other flooring as needed.
· Replaces broken windows; repairs doors, door locks and closets; installs window blinds.
· Assists with program site/individuals served moves.
· Picks up/drops off donations.
· Provides satisfactory customer service to program managers and individuals served by completing tasks competently, on time, and by communicating clearly with all customers.
· The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
· 5 years work experience in building and mechanical equipment maintenance and repair including, but not limited to, painting, carpentry, masonry, basic plumbing and electrical, flooring, general maintenance and repairs.
· Skill in the use of hand and power tools
· Must have own, insured vehicle to use for work
· Must have the ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules follows instructions, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Pay Type Hourly
- Hiring Rate $12.60
- Required Education High School
- West Haven, CT 06516, USA