Lift Electrical Technician
Mt. Hood Meadows and Cooper Spur Mountain Resort are planning on operating this winter season with the health and safety of our team and guests being crucial to our success. We are committed to following best practices and guidance, maintaining the flexibility to change as new evidence-based learning emerges. All team members are expected to stay current in aligning to our written protocols, be personally accountable and help their fellow team members. Together we will make the best of our current circumstances this upcoming season to provide recreational opportunities at Your Mountain Home.
Service is one of our Core Values and we believe in upholding the highest standards in team and guest services. The Lift Electrician’s chief responsibility is the safety and reliability of our lifts. This team member requires a strong electrical/mechanical skill set and is committed to professionalism and teamwork. We are a learning organization; the Lift Electrical Technician will be involved in training apprentices and providing guidance and direction to the lift maintenance team in Electric related work.
The Lift Electrician will primarily be responsible for Lift Electrical maintenance both preventative and unscheduled along with Lift Electrical supervisor, working closely with Lift Maintenance team. This position may also work with Facilities Electrical department under direction of facilities electrician to accomplish goals and special projects as required Specific tasks and procedures related to electrical preventative maintenance and repair of lift electrical components will be monitored / supervised by Director of Facilities and Planning.
- 19 years of age or older
- 5 years’ experience in electrical field or equivalent education and/or experience
- Ability to pass driver background check to company driver insurance standards
- Exemplary interpersonal communication and guest service skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Exemplary safety record
- Able to commit to working weekends and holidays during the winter season
- Comfortable working in extreme mountain weather conditions
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Experience on Leitner-POMA detachable lift systems
- PLC ladder logic programming experience
- Firm understanding of detachable lift systems both electrical and mechanical
- Oregon LME electrician’s license or greater (or other state equivalent)
- Previous experience mentoring or guiding an apprentice
Must be comfortable with the changing dynamics of a seasonal business.
Benefits include employer paid medical, dental, vision, and life insurance for the employee with Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account options, vacation, sick time; 401k after 1 year.
Perks include employee and dependent season passes, buddy tickets and VIP passes, resort discounts, employee transit and resort daycare discounts.
Full job description available during the interview.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Mt Hood Meadows Dr, Oregon 97041, USA