3434 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201, USA Req #75
Friday, July 17, 2020
EEO Statement: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re a tech-savvy payroll and benefits expert seeking your next opportunity to make difference, join our team.
As an HR Generalist, you’ll deliver seamless hire to retire services across the organization, focusing extensively on payroll, benefits, and HCM administration. You’ll also create a positive impact on other HR functions, including talent acquisition, performance management, and employee relations in collaboration with the HR team.
You’ll have ample opportunities to hone your expertise through internal and external webinars, trainings, and conferences, along with the opportunity to take on additional HR functions based on your interests and business needs. Remote work is available for highly qualified candidates.
If you’re someone with an unsurpassed attention to detail in payroll and benefits administration, thorough knowledge of employment law and regulations, and demonstrated success building effective relationships across an organization, read on to learn more about the impact you’ll make at the Mercatus Center. This role will give you the opportunity to expand your experience from payroll and benefits into broader HR support.
• Enter, maintain, and process information in the HCM system (currently Ceridian’s Dayforce product) to drive payroll and benefits processes
• Administer comprehensive payroll (bi-monthly) and benefits programs for approximately 200 employees
• Design, develop, and distribute communication tools to enhance understanding of the benefits package
• Oversee and maintain optimal function of the HCM, which may include installation, customization, development, maintenance, integrations, and upgrades to the system
• Provide HCM technical support, troubleshooting, and guidance to employees and serve as lead representative between internal stakeholders and external vendors
• Plan and administer the performance management program
• Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations, tax laws and regulations, best practices, and new technologies and trends in human resources
• Perform additional HR Generalist functions based on interest and areas of expertise
• Extensive knowledge of payroll functions, including preparation, auditing, internal control, and payroll taxes
• Generally 4+ years of payroll/benefits/generalist experience is required to attain the required skills
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration, or related discipline (master’s degree preferred)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws, tax laws, and regulations
• Able to perform in a collaborative environment
• Strong technology skills
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Outlook)
• Proficiency with HCM systems; experience with Ceridian’s Dayforce product is a bonus
• Certifications that contribute to success include SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP or PHR/SPHR preferred
Help us Grow
Please submit your cover letter and resume through our online application process. Your cover letter must indicate your interest in the Mercatus Center's mission.
Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. In addition, Mercatus provides excellent benefits to all individual employees, including full health and dental coverage, flexible spending accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, parking/travel benefits, and twelve free credits per year at George Mason University.
About the Mercatus Center at George Mason University
For 40 years, the Mercatus Center at George Mason University has been the world’s premier university source for market-oriented ideas—bridging the gap between academic ideas and real-world problems. A university-based research center, Mercatus works to advance knowledge about how markets work to improve our lives by training graduate students, conducting research, and applying sound economics to offer solutions to society’s most pressing problems.
- Pay Type Salary
- Travel Required No
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 3434 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201, USA