Perform duties as directed by Press Leader.
Strive for excellence in product quality.
Assemble and disassemble press parts, including pumps.
Operate auto viscosity unit and read and maintain running viscosity of inks.
Hang rolls, remove rolls from rewind, prepare raw material for presses.
Set up cylinders for press.
Set up splices, make flying splices.
Level and set doctor blades.
Operate the unwind station and know the webbing of the press.
Understand and perform tests to determine print side of raw material.
Basic understanding of register control system and web monitor. Register jobs accurately.
Proficiently operate press heat system, and lamination station.
Recognize various impression rolls and their different applications. Set pressure and level impression rollers.
Perform general maintenance on press and lubricate press.
Tape press properly for film jobs.
Adjust press for reverse printing.
Assist in color matching by understanding and basic use of X-Rite color computer.
Set up and register new and complex jobs including process work.
Create correct color using toners and extenders.
Assist in the training of new personnel.
Polish marked cylinders.
Adjust solvent mixes for better results.
Adjust compensating idlers/cylinder carriage to level copy.
Minimize waste, improve efficient use of materials
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- Minimum one (1) year experience training on press or equivalent education, training, and/or experience in the printing manufacturing field.
- Ability to consistently produce high quality products with minimum of down time and spoilage.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both oral and written forms.
- Ability to use scales, densitometer, zahn cup, etc. to mix and measure inks.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to maintain logs and records in a timely manner.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Fulton, NY 13069, USA