Multi-Color is one of the largest and most awarded label companies in the world, servicing segments such as Home & Personal Care, Food & Beverage, Wine & Spirits and Consumer Durables. A true global leader, our state-of-the-art facilities operate in over 26 countries.
Our 10,000+ employees are guided by our core values: Integrity, Passion, Creativity, Perseverance and Achievement. These values constantly guide our interactions and decision making at Multi-Color!
Join us today!
Summary of Role
The Maintenance Technician position ensures the reliable operation of all the manufacturing equipment and the supporting facility infrastructure
Maintain, Repair and Troubleshoot machines, mechanical equipment and the facilities which have Mechanical, Electrical, Pneumatic, Hydraulic, and PL Control systems.
Fabricate, disassemble and assemble equipment.
Complete minor/major preventative maintenance on company assets.
Ability to understand equipment, read electrical drawings, schematics, manuals and wiring diagrams and apply information to determine appropriate repair.
Troubleshoot servo driven and PLC based equipment.
Troubleshoot bearings, belts, sprockets, gears, chains, cams, pistons, servo motors and be able to replace and install with proper alignment
General Fabrication skills
Lead and Support Equipment improvement activities.
Investigate and resolve both day-to-day and long term manufacturing issues related to the equipment.
Recommend and implement layout improvements for better material flow.
Support safety related improvements related to process/equipment.
Detailed orientated and maintain a clean work area.
Keep detailed and orderly records and documentation of maintenance performed through a computer based management system (CMMS).
Perform general building cleaning and upkeep.
Participate and help sustain Continuous Improvement (CI)
efforts (5S, etc.).
Understand and utilize precision measurement tools with good data techniques.
Required Experience, Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum 5 years in similar industrial maintenance role
- Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrate essential computer skills
- Work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to lift 40-50lbs
- General ability and knowledge of Manufacturing Safety, Basic electrical, mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, metal machining, electrical control devices, carpentry and mathematics
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in either a team or individual basis
- Problem solving experience
- High speed manufacturing experience
- Continuous Improvement experience in Manufacturing Environment
- Experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, basic electrical controls (Various voltages of DC, Single phase and 3 phase power) troubleshooting and repairs
If you need special assistance or an accommodation in applying, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Friday, March 27, 2020
- Napa, CA, USA