Under the supervision of the Medical Director and/or designee Physician provides primary care to participants. Performs physical assessments of participants and develops and contributes to implementing appropriate plans of are to St. Paul's PACE program participants. Evaluates participant’s physical complaints and provides appropriate treatment. Provides participants and caregiver teaching and education. In addition to the Primary Care Physician, participates as a member of the Interdisciplinary Team. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to assess, plan, care for, and provide services to frail elder participants according to assigned responsibilities and PACE standards.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Education: Graduate of a school of professional nurse practitioner required. Licensed as nurse practitioner in the State of California. Certified as a nurse practitioner by a national certifying organization recognized by the State of California nurse practitioner.
Experience: A minimum of one year's experiences in working with the frail and elderly population required. Two years’ experience as a nurse practitioner in a geriatric setting desirable. Shall have either training or related experience in the job assigned.
The nurse practitioner must have the following:
- Possession of a valid California License as a nurse practitioner and registered nurse
- Degree as Nurse Practitioner from an accredited University
- DEA Number
- NP Furnishing Number
Skills and Knowledge:
- Thorough knowledge of current concepts, theories, and practices related to home and community-based care for the elderly and disabled adults.
- Working knowledge of the PACE regulations desired
- Thorough knowledge of physical, mental and social needs of frail older adults.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead and work with the interdisciplinary setting
- Strong organization skills
- Able to manage changing priorities per needs of the PACE program and the agency
- At least one year of experience working with a frail or elderly population
- Spanish speaking a plus
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
To learn more about St. Paul’s Senior Services, please visit www.stpaulspace.org.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Salary
- St. Paul's PACE Nemeth - El Cajon, 1306 BROADWAY, EL CAJON, California, United States of America