Displaced from your job due to COVID-19? Come help us support our nation’s seniors! This position is a rewarding way to earn extra cash. Training provided!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sets-up tables in dining room.
- Cleans tables and chairs after every meal. Ensures the cleanliness of dining room carpet.
- Serves meals to residents and assigned stations. Prepares and serves required daily beverage.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and sanitary manner. Disassembles and cleans all equipment after each meal.
- Portions desserts, salads, soup and cereals for residents. Records meal tally on cook's production sheet.
- Food served in adherence to dietary department portion controls.
- Maintains employees lounge in a clean and orderly manner.
- Covers and labels, with date, all remaining foods from meals served within the appropriate time frame.
- Ensures that foods and refrigeration units are maintained at proper temperature levels and records information on available sheet/log.
- Records meal count from each meal served.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned by Supervisor, Assistant Supervisor or Administrator.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Neat, good grooming habits and courteous. Must be able to communicate with, be interested in, and have compassion for the elderly. Must possess good communication skills, both verbal and written, in the English language. Must be able to read menus and interpret to residents. Should have good organizational skills to meet deadlines and goals. Needs to have the ability to work in a team environment both in dietary and the overall health care team. Ability to maintain professional composure under stressful conditions and situations.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Completion of a high school or GED equivalency. Ability to read, write, understand and speak the English language. One year of food service experience as a waitperson, preferably in senior living/health center or institutional food service department.
St. Paul's is the leading provider of caring senior services since 1960. We have locations throughout San Diego County including 5 in San Diego (Bankers Hill), 2 in Chula Vista, and 1 in El Cajon. St. Paul's strives to be the most outstanding and innovative senior home and service provider in California. We are dedicated to serving the physical, spiritual and social needs of the elderly and community, fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion within the highest quality facilities, health care and programs consistent with affordable costs.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO CLEAR FINGERPRINTS THROUGH DOJ AND FBI IN ADDITION TO A DRUG SCREEN CLEARANCE.
To learn more about St. Paul’s Senior Services, please visit www.stpaulseniors.org.
St. Paul’s Senior Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Hourly
- St. Paul's Manor - Bankers Hill, 2635 SECOND AVENUE, SAN DIEGO, California, United States of America