Water Country - Retail Supervisor I
Portsmouth, NH, USA, 2300 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America Req #1514
Sunday, June 28, 2020
This position is tasked with assisting the Revenue Manager in the daily operations of the Parks two retail locations.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, monitor, and evaluate the work performance of all Retail Team Members.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures for the Retail Department.
- Responsible for administrative duties such as daily reports, scheduling, time cards, and labor laws.
- Execute functions such as inventory control, signage, store layout, and visual merchandise.
- Maintain the integrity of the operation by handling sensitive/confidential information in a professional manner in compliance with company policy.
- Implements and monitors the daily schedule for the Retail Department.
- Inspires and motivates team members to work together and achieve success beyond expectations.
- Work closely with the Guest Relations, Marketing, Aquatics, Admissions, and Accounting departments.
- Responsible for enforcing all park policies, rules and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Requires previous experience within the retail industry.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Waterpark or Amusement Park experience preferred but not required
- Proficient with Word and Excel. Prior experience with an inventory management system.
- Must be proficient in basic mathematics.
- Strong problem solving skills and excellent verbal communication skills are a must.
- Requires excellent organizational and planning skills, with the ability to execute multiple tasks.
- Requires the ability to make objective decisions quickly under stressful conditions.
- Requires positive interaction with other Team Members and Guests.
- This position requires standing, walking, bending, stooping, twisting, kneeling, lifting, and pushing.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language.
- Must be able to read and understand printed instructions for chemical use.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Ability to frequently lift, carry or move items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying climates including exposure to direct sunlight.
- Job Family RETAIL/GAMES
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator Seasonal
- Portsmouth, NH, USA, 2300 Lafayette Road, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, United States of America