This posting is inactive.
People's Care was listed in Inc. Magazine as one of the fastest growing companies in the United States, 7 years in a row. To fuel this incredible growth, we need more people. People like you. People who share our values and goals.
1. Job Identification
- Job Title: Day Program Supervisor
- Reports to: Program Manager
- Rate Type: Hourly
- Hourly Rate: $14.00
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance
- Lap top, cell phone
- Vacation and holiday pay
2. Job Summary
The Supervisor is responsible for supervising staff, leadership, staff development, training, performance improvement, implementation and management of key services in accordance with policies and procedures. Effectively interacts with the individuals, and their circle of support on the processes of assessment, planning, intervention, implementation and evaluation.
3. Knowledge and Abilities
- Knowledge Required: Knowledge of Title 17 and 22, federal and state laws
- Knowledge of regional center, department of social services
- Knowledge of Individual Program Plans
- Knowledge of behavior modification programs
- Ability to lead and develop staff in a fast paced environment, interact effectively with management, work with a diverse population, work with clients with behaviors
- Ability to assist with the administration of medications and treatments
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and flexibility
- Ability to develop a team concept and cultural competence.
4. Education and Experience
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a human services delivery system and with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities
- 1 year experience supervising
- Bachelors degree in psychology, sociology, human services, social services, education or equivalent experience preferred
- CPR & First Aid certification
- CPI certification
- DSP 1 & 2 certification preferred
5. Essential Functions
- Schedule staff, map out routes, and maintain a clean safe and healthy work environment
- Act as first responder in the field to emergencies and report special incidents according to applicable laws and regulations
- Participate and provide training in the development of the individual program plan as well as client pre-placement planning, quarterly and annual assessment as needed
- Communicate on a regular basis with regional center, residential facilities, families and other services providers and agencies, as needed
- Responsible for the selection, training/coaching, reviews/evaluations, and supervision of assigned staff
- Coordinate with the individual, regional center, and circle of support on the development and implementation of the individuals IPP objectives and or ISP objectives for which the program is responsible
- Maintain monthly calendar of activities for individuals/group, as pertains to assigned program
- Coordinates and shares the interdisciplinary treatment planning, individual assessment, intakes, meetings, and participates in client quarterly/semi-annual/annual meetings
6. Career Path
Day Program Director - Day Program Manager - Day Program Supervisor
Career pathing can differ with each individual's knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience. Lateral moves are sometimes beneficial to attaining one's ultimate desired position.
7. Physical Requirements
The Supervisor typically works at the assigned locations and may also be out in the field traveling to and from assigned locations. Occasional lifting of 50 pounds plus, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, traveling, kneeling, running and crouching are required.
8. Other Requirements
This position will require a valid Nevada ID or Driver's License. Candidate must successfully pass all pre-employment requirements, including but not limited to background check, physical etc. If required to drive, candidate must possess proof of valid insurance and registration.
At People's Care, our most valuable resource is the extraordinary people who make up our support staff. Do you have a passion for providing quality support to individuals with special needs? Do you thrive on helping others build/reach their goals in a positive, life-enriching environment?
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour