1415 Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19130, USA
Monday, May 11, 2020
THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Financial Reporting
- Oversee the monthly closing process by distributing the monthly closing calendar and monitoring progress daily to ensure deadlines are met and all tasks are completed. Review and approve monthly journal entries, bank reconciliations and account analysis schedules.
- Review and approve use of donor restricted monies.
Oversee the invoicing of contracts in accordance with contract terms to ensure timely billing and collection of receivables.
- Review and approve monthly investment activity reconciliations.
- Perform monthly expense review in accordance with the closing calendar.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and all supporting schedules for review by the Controller.
- Other Reporting:
- Coordinate the preparation of monthly Indicator Reports and ensure accuracy of information presented
- Complete and file financial reports for New Market Tax Credit investors
- Complete monthly cash management report in accordance with the closing calendar
- Complete annual census forms as required
- Credit Cards
- Review credit card expense reports and follow-up on open items
- Petty Cash
- Review petty cash reconciliations and sign–off
- Coordinate calendar for petty cash audits and ensure that they are completed
- Review payroll register each pay period and verify changes to payroll change forms submitted
- Review expense and credit card reimbursements report to ensure that only approved reimbursements were processed
- Coordinate preparation of client schedules requested by auditors
- Provide auditors with all requested documents for testing during field work
- Review and approve entry for sales tax remittance.
- Oversee the timely and accurate completion of 1098 C/1099 forms
- Ensure Accounting Department staff are operating effectively and efficiently
- Supervise a staff of 6 employees.
- Prepare staff evaluations, monitor progress on goals and submit annual salary adjustments for above staff
- Complete credit applications as requested
- Write policies and procedures for various accounting functions
- Conduct training on accounting policies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Seven plus years of progressive experience in financial reporting, including supervisory experience.
- Strong financial reporting skills
- Supervisory experience
- The ability to coordinate workload of staff to meet deadlines.
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a drug screen and background checks.
Project HOME reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as needed. This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of the duties and responsibilities of the job nor does it constitute a written or implied contract.
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, youth, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization. Join us! Project HOME has a long-standing commitment to equal employment opportunity for all staff and applicants for employment. Employment decisions including, but not limited to, hiring selection, performance evaluation, administration of benefits, working conditions, associate programs, transfers, position changes, training, disciplinary action, compensation, and separations are made without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming), creed, national origin, nationality, citizenship status, domestic partnership status, ancestry, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, civil union status, family status, age, mental or physical disability (including AIDS or HIV-related status), atypical heredity cellular or blood trait of an individual, genetic information or refusal to submit to a genetic test or make available the results of a genetic test, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.