Kairos House Support Staff Part Time
THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and health care.
Project HOME is committed to social and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education, employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our community.
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Job Summary: Kairos House is a permanent supportive housing program for adults with mental health diagnoses who have experienced homelessness. The program seeks to support residents in achieving health, financial, and housing stability. Support Staff are an integral part of this process because they deliver direct services and create a safe and dignified environment for residents. This is done by caring for the needs of the individual residents and the collective needs of the house.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
We are seeking an empathetic, experienced, recovery-oriented individual for a FT Support Staff
· Working with residents on medication monitoring
· Serving and/or preparing meals (for 36 residents)
· Completing hourly rounds; documenting observations and resident activity
· Maintaining building safety and safety of residents at all times
· Minimum of 1 year related experience
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Ability to interact appropriately and in a supportive manner with residents and staff
· Very strong communication, organizational and writing skills
· Knowledge of crisis intervention and de-escalation
· ServSafe Certification preferred. Certification must be obtained within 90 days of hire/start date. Must be maintained at all times, which requires re-certification every 5 years (Project HOME will pay for certification and re-certification).
· Experience with medication monitoring
· Prior experience working with adults living with mental health diagnoses and/or substance use disorders
· Prior experience working with adults experiencing homelessness
· CPR certified preferred
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Philadelphia, PA, USA