Peer Recovery Specialist
THE MISSION OF PROJECT HOME
The mission of the Project HOME
community is to empower adults, children, and families to break the cycle of
homelessness and poverty, to alleviate the underlying causes of poverty, and to
enable all of us to attain our fullest potential as individuals and as members
of the broader society. We strive to create a safe and respectful environment
where we support each other in our struggles for self-esteem, recovery, and the
confidence to move toward self-actualization.
Project HOME achieves its mission
through a continuum of services comprised of street outreach, a range of
supportive housing, and comprehensive services. We address the root causes of
homelessness through neighborhood-based affordable housing, economic
development, and environmental enhancement programs, as well as through
providing access to employment opportunities; adult and youth education; and
Project HOME is committed to social
and political advocacy. An integral part of our work is education about the
realities of homelessness and poverty and vigorous advocacy on behalf of and
with homeless and low-income persons for more just and humane public policies.
Project HOME is committed to nurturing a spirit of community among persons from all walks of life, all of whom have a role to play in making this a more just and compassionate society.
THE VALUES OF PROJECT HOME
The work of Project HOME is rooted
in our strong spiritual conviction of the dignity of each person.
We believe that all persons are
entitled to decent, affordable housing and access to quality education,
employment, and health care.
We believe in the transformational
power of building relationships and community as the ultimate answer to the
degradation of homelessness and poverty.
We believe that working to end
homelessness and poverty enhances the quality of life for everyone in our
We believe that the critical resources entrusted to us to achieve our mission must be managed honorably and professionally.
Job Summary The Peer Recovery Specialist provides integral substance use recovery supports for patients enrolled in Project HOME Health Services medication assisted treatment (MAT) services. Supports patients in identifying needs and overcoming barriers to recovery including but not limited to integration of physical and behavioral health needs,
social support, occupational and educational challenges, housing, and income stability. Because this position has potential for extended patient contact, employees will be provided with appropriate personal protective equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specifically the Peer Recovery Specialist will:
· Collaborate with Project HOME Healthcare Services staff and patients to support patient health and well being
· Support patients in development of individual recovery, relapse prevention, and harm reduction plans as appropriate
· Develop and encourage patient attainment of measurable action steps related to individual plans
· Provide recovery education and support along the continuum from pre-treatment engagement to recovery engagement, stabilization, and maintenance
· Report care management activities and complete documentation in a timely manner
· Regularly participate in MAT program and care coordination meetings
· Accompany patients/clients to critical health care or social service appointments
· Promote the utilization of resources within the community
· Teach and support acquisition and utilization of skills needed for recovery
· Help to facilitate the development of a sense of wellness and self-worth
· Engage in continuing professional development and training as identified and agreed upon with supervisor
· Other duties as assigned
· High school graduate or GED required.
· Lived experience identifying as a person in recovery
· Demonstrate understanding and respect for each individual’s unique path to recovery
Completion of Certified Peer Specialist or Certified Recovery Specialist curriculum (or
completed within 6 months of hire)
· Certified Peer Specialist or Certified Recovery Specialist
Project HOME is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Pay Type Hourly
- Philadelphia, PA, USA