This posting is inactive.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians is committed to protecting and exercising the inherent inalienable sovereign rights of the Tribe and Individuals in the interest of the Medicine Creek Treat Territories, as stewards to ensure preservation of our cultural and environmental integrity for common good and prosperity for all.
Closes: February 20, 2020
8:59 pm PST
Job Title: Soft-Count Inspector
Department: Tribal Gaming Regulatory Office
Reports To: Agent Supervisor
Salary Min: $14.53/hr + Benefits*
Hours: 40 Hrs/Wk – Full Time.
* In addition to salary, The Puyallup Tribe provides a very generous employees’ benefits package including, but not limited to, employer paid medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement/401k plan with profit sharing, ample paid time off, a copious holiday schedule, and birthday leave
The Soft-Count Inspector will assume all soft-count duties and other duties as assigned by his supervisor. The Soft-Count Inspector will assist with monitoring, investigation, enforcement and protection of casino assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Oversees and is present for all soft-count duties until count is completed or inspector is properly relieved.
Observes the count procedures to ensure compliance with the Compact and tribal and state procedures.
Knowledgeable in the system of Internal Controls for the Emerald Queen Casino and the Tribal/State Compact, Appendix A.
Coordinates communication between soft-count Agent and the Lead Agent.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Must have a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Some knowledge of computer software applications (word processing, Excel spreadsheets) is desirable.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Licenses or Certificates
Must pass criminal, financial, and personal background check before employment and periodically during employment.
Must be able to maintain appropriate gaming license as may be required by position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Requires the ability to operate a typewriter, personal computer, multi-line telephone, calculator, facsimile and photocopier.
Requires the ability to read, write, communicate, and interpret information accurately in English.
Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce accurate work.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel.
The employee is frequently required to stand; sit; talk or hear and reach with hands and arms.
The employee occasionally is required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and peripheral vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is low.
The physical exertion is low to moderate.
Work is performed in and office setting.
The Puyallup Tribe of Indians reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Indian Preference Employer as Required by Law
H o w T o A p p l y:
Apply online at https://usr55.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/ptoiad or visit the Puyallup Tribe’s website at http://www.puyallup-tribe.com/Employment/.
Online Application Tips:
1. If you are using a PC, use Internet Explorer. If you are using a MAC, use Safari.
2. Upload additional documents (resume, cover letter, letters of recommendation, proof of Indian blood, etc.) to the resume tab as one (1) PDF file or email documents to email@example.com and we can add them to your online application. Please send in copies of any degrees or certificates that you have been awarded.
3. Indian Hiring Preference – send in the appropriate documentation for the category you select. If you have any questions about the hiring preference policy or what document to send in, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (253) 573-7863.
4. Provide 3+ references (we cannot obtain references from direct family members – mother, father, grandparents, sisters, brothers, or children and this includes in laws). One reference must be your most recent supervisor. We prefer the rest of your references to include co-workers, subordinates, or other supervisors, but we can accept a personal reference from someone who is familiar with your work ethic, habits, and attendance. You can send in letters of recommendation to email@example.com
5. To add more employment, education, references, etc., click on the small + sign at the top right corner of the page.
6. When entering salaries, only use numbers. Do not use any other characters (such as , . or $)
7. After you submit your application, you will receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive an email, please call the office to confirm submission.
*Please do not wear perfumes, colognes, or strong scents to your interview. Some employees are allergic.
If you have any questions about the positions or the online application, please call (253) 573-7863
or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3009 E. Portland Ave., Tacoma, WA 98404
Native American preference applies and job placements are given on a competitive basis, using job related factors. Because of the large number of applications received and limited job positions, your application will not guarantee employment.