Pharmaceutical Technician (Compression/Encapsulation) Evening Shift (8pm-6:30am)
The Pharmaceutical Technician will efficiently, effectively, and safely clean, set-up, and operate machinery in the manufacturing area (Compression/Encapsulation) while adhering to applicable cGMPs, SOPs, FDA, and DEA guidelines.
- Follow Master Batch Records for the manufacturing of controlled, oral solid dose (OSD) and other dosage forms when required.
- Prepare raw materials, blends, and bulk accountability throughout manufacturing processes.
- Performs weight checks for incoming and dispensed materials ensuring compliance with established procedures. Operates scales including set-up, verification, leveling and challenging.
- Identify, report, and resolve quality issues.
- Safely and in compliance with batch records and SOPs, set up, operate, and clean manufacturing (oral solid dose manufacturing includes encapsulators and compression machines).
- Perform in-process testing and inspections as required by Master Batch Record (weighing, tablet thickness, tablet hardness, friability, visual inspection, etc.).
- Clean and sanitize manufacturing and packaging rooms including walls, floors, and ceilings per SOPs.
- Report accidents and unsafe conditions or unusual circumstances to supervisor.
- Complete accurate and timely documentation. Follow good documentation practices in accordance with GMP.
- Handle labeling and components correctly; transferring, counting, FIFO, returns, etc. during packaging processes.
- Actively participate in Production team and Site communication meetings.
- Support GMP investigations and events.
- Identify and report potential GMP impacting situations.
- Contribute to Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) writing in your technical area.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of one - five years pharmaceutical industry experience preferred or an equivalent combination of education, demonstrated mechanical skill, and experience in a similar industry.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- General ability to perform basic to complex mathematical computations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. Understanding of the Metric System of Measurement.
- Preferred experience in oral solid dose (OSD) pharmaceuticals, process areas include: Compression and Encapsulation.
Supervisor Responsibilities (if applicable)
- Quality/Compliance: Achieve a standard of excellence with work processes and outcomes while maintaining compliance with policies and all regulatory requirements.
- Communication: Clear, accurate, effective and timely written and verbal communication. Strong attention to detail and ability to write and record data legibly and accurately in accordance to cGMP regulations.
- Team Work/Collaboration: Work effectively with others to achieve goals, build strong working relationships and a positive work environment.
- Critical thinking/problem solving: general ability to collect, organize and analyze data. Ability to recognize, analyze and solve a variety of problems.
- Initiative: Ability to take ownership of work, doing what is needed without being asked and appropriate follow-through.
- Adaptability: Being receptive to feedback, willingness to learn, and open to continuous improvement.
- Operational Excellence: Embrace and support Operational Excellence Culture and Initiatives.
- Accountability: Demonstrate ambition and discipline to achieve organizational and career goals.
Purdue Pharma L.P. & its Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law. Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
- Job Family Technical Operations
- Pay Type Hourly
- 4701 Purdue Dr, Wilson, NC 27893, USA