Office Assistant - Part Time - Bilingual (Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese or Korean Languages Preferred)
Named one of the best places to work in California!
We are committed to providing a challenging, career-enhancing environment for dedicated professionals desiring to make a difference in the lives of young people and their families. Stars Behavioral Health Group (SBHG) currently employs approximately 1,500 people at 37 different sites throughout California in Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Riverside, Fresno, Central Valley, Stanislaus, Santa Clara, Alameda, and Sacramento counties. We serve more than 25,000 children, youth and families annually throughout the state.
Our experienced staff of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, Mental Health Specialists, Parent Partners and other therapists/counselors provide case management, mental health care and a range of support services in schools, homes or other community settings. Our dedicated teams work collaboratively and in partnership with family members, school administrators and faculty, county social workers, case managers, probation officers and other agencies.
The Office Assistant performs a wide variety of business and
operations tasks including protecting the client record within EMR (Electronic
Medical Record). May be asked to audit charts and verify that physician orders
are signed within the prescribed time period, clinical, consultant and
discharge documentation are present. this position is responsible for ordering
of supplies throughout the facility. This position would be responsible for
gathering, processing and tracking new client information for intake and
treatment. This position may facilitate the verification of Medi-cal
eligibility as required and will open new client records in EMR as assigned.
This position will also assure that all aspects of the record are in keeping
with agency policy and DMH requirements.
Activities performed can be time sensitive with expectations of frequent reporting of progress along with thorough oversight for accuracy. Regular interaction with all staff members, physicians, and outside agencies is expected. The Office Assistant will also serve as the facility receptionist and may sort, date, and log mail, act as administrative support for the facility and monitor the front lobby.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
One (1) year of general office experience required.
License or Certification
Valid California Driver’s License preferred.
Other Qualifications Required
Bilingual speaking ability is required.
Ability to visually and audibly assess client's behavior and needs.
Ability to physically perform containment, escort, and restraint procedures with assaultive clients.
Ability to physically assist in lifting and carrying assaultive clients weighing up to 200 lbs.
Ability to walk and run. Ability to drive clients.
Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 3 hrs. at a time.
Ability to complete ProAct trainings and implement physical techniques (i.e. Evasion/ Sitting/ Standing/ Floor) to become certified.
POTENTIAL JOB HAZARDS
Assaultive patients. Blood and Body Fluid Contact (Category III).
Potential for eye and wrist strain from computers and close work with figures, and minor lacerations from paper cuts.
Vehicle operation (driving).
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS REQUIRED
Demonstrated use of ProACT Training.
Demonstrated use of Standard Precautions.
Demonstrated knowledge of safety procedures and Material Safety Data Sheets particular to departmental hazards (see IIPP Manual).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Maintains vigilance over the general milieu within the facility to facilitate quality client care, optimum facility operations and preserve the safety of all therein.
2. Scans documents into EMR, audits and ensures completion and accuracy of documentation
3. Responds to Request for Releases of Information within 14 days from receipt.
4. Prepares transfer documents for clients, photocopying relevant information from the chart per facility policy.
5. Responds to request for Medical Records information as assigned.
6. Acts as the receptionist, greeting visitors, ascertaining
their needs and directing them appropriately.
7. Gathers, processes and trackings new client information for intake and treatment.
8. Facilitates the verification of medi-cal eligibility as required and open new client records in EMR as assigned.
9. Interacts with clients/families, staff, and the general public within appropriate professional boundaries (i.e. ensures confidentiality, pleasant approach, maintains professional relationship).
10. Answers incoming telephone calls directing them appropriately and taking messages for absent or unavailable staff.
11. Participates in ProACT Team assignments and activities.
12. Uses ProACT to appropriately intervene with assaultive/volatile clients.
13. Assists in crisis intervention (including the use of ProACT) and provide support and assistance in problem resolution.
- MFTI and ACSW’s receive supervision for BBS hours
- Competitive compensation
- Company paid benefits package including medical, dental and vision and many other voluntary benefits
- Rewarding work environment with excellent opportunities for career growth
- Excellent work/life balance including generous vacation and holiday pay
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Family-oriented environment
- On the job training including paid CEU opportunities and career development
- Flexible work schedule and environment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Pay Type Hourly
- City of Industry, CA, USA