Broom Sweeper Operator - CDL B - DAYS
Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — it’s about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest sweeping company in the United States. SCA is seeking experienced CDL B drivers with air brake endorsement.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Driver will operate a Broom Sweeper Truck, providing prompt service to customers on scheduled routes, including new housing developments, local cities, & road construction, etc. The Broom Truck will remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and construction materials or highway debris build-up due to seasonal /weather changes and highway waste.
- Perform required inspection of Broom Sweeper, Pre-trip and Post-trip.
- Review scheduled routes assigned, be proactive in asking questions if route is unclear.
- Perform the safe operation of a Broom Sweeper.
- Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted while maintaining quality of work.
- Exercise extra caution during inclement weather.
- Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours.
- Over-night travel may be required.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License Class B with air brake endorsement & medical card.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Requires work performed in outdoor environments/• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
- Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance
- Paid vacation & holidays
- Weekly Pay
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $13.00
- Max Hiring Rate $13.00
- Orlando, FL, USA