Air Sweeper Operator - NIGHTS
Street sweeping is about more than just keeping streets, highways, parking lots and industrial complexes looking clean — it’s about eliminating safety hazards and ensuring regulation compliance. Sweeping Corporation of America (SCA) is the largest self-performing power sweeping company in the United States. SCA employs over 400 associates and utilizes more than 350 state-of-the-art street sweepers, parking lot sweepers, sewer cleaners and other support equipment daily across the country. Currently SCA is seeking Air Sweeper Operators.
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Driver is responsible for driving an Air Sweeper Truck, providing prompt service to customers assigned to daily scheduled routes, including but not limited to new housing developments, contractors, municipalities, & road construction contractors, etc.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Operate Air Sweeper Truck to remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and constructions materials or parking lot debris build-up due to seasonal/weather changes and parking lot waste.
1. Perform required inspection of Air Sweeper, prior to operating equipment
2. Perform minor mechanical checks of truck & equipment
3. Wear proper and required PPE
4. Review scheduled routes assigned
5. Be proactive and ask questions if route is unclear
6. Perform the safe operation of an Air Sweeper
7. Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
8. Maintain quality of work
9. Track completed tasks and/or routes (sweep validation per procedures)
10. Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
11. Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours
12. Refuel at the end of the shift prior to returning to the shop
13. Operate a backpack blower to clean off store fronts
14. Available to work a 3rd shift position
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
Valid Driver’s license required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Requires work performed in outdoor environments/• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
• Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
• Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching. Frequently; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
• Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.
• Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Health, dental, vision & life insurance
- Paid vacation & Holidays
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $12.25
- Max Hiring Rate $12.25
- Columbus, OH, USA