Air Sweeper Driver- Nights
PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Driver is responsible for driving an Air Sweeper Truck, providing prompt service to customers assigned to daily scheduled routes, including but not limited to new housing developments, contractors, municipalities, & road construction contractors, etc.
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a night time position. Operate Air Sweeper Truck to remove debris, including broken pavement, asphalt and concrete millings, mud and constructions materials or parking lot debris build-up due to seasonal/weather changes and parking lot waste.
1. Perform required inspection of Air Sweeper, prior to operating equipment
2. Preform minor mechanical checks of truck & equipment
3. Wear proper and required PPE
4. Review scheduled routes assigned
5. Be proactive and ask questions if route is unclear
6. Perform the safe operation of an Air Sweeper
7. Complete assigned job(s) in the time allotted
8. Maintain quality of work
9. Track completed tasks and/or routes (sweep validation per procedures)
10. Exercise extra caution during inclement weather
11. Report any equipment failures, near misses or accidents to Lead or Supervisor within 8 hours
12. Refuel at the end of the shift prior to returning to the shop
13. Perform all other duties assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent work experience closely related to the field of work.
Valid Driver’s license required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Requires work performed in outdoor environments/• Exposure to variable and adverse weather conditions.
• Exposure to noise, vibrations, jarring, fumes grease oil & chemicals.
• Active, physical work involving occasionally; lifting (50+ lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, bending, reaching; walking, standing, and driving and operating equipment for extended periods of time.
• Requires focus adjustment, depth perception, clear close & distant vision. Use of ear, eye and other safety equipment.• Requires regular use of hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Dayton, OH, USA